CHAPTER FOURTEEN

SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER

Kathleen's heart skipped a beat as she stared at Charles who stood before her infront of her bakery.

Taking a deep breath, Kathleen tried to compose herself. "Charles please leave, it's too early for this... please", she pleaded.

Charles refused, crossing his arms over his chest. "No more lies Kathleen, you kept my own daughter away from me, and i won't let that happen any longer. Either you admit the truth here or else we settle it legally".

The thought of a legal battle sent shivers down Kathleen's spine. She had always prided herself on being a good mother, doing everything to protect Lana from harm. But now, faced with Charles's demands, she realized she had no choice but to tell the truth.

Sighing heavily, Kathleen let her shoulders slump. "Fine Charles. Lana is your daughter".

Tears welled up in Kathleen's eyes as the weight of her decision bore down on her. "I was scared, Charles. Scared that if you found out about her then you would take Lana away from me and i couldn't let that happen".

Charles took a step closer, his voice getting gentler now. "I'm not going to take Lana away from you Kathleen. I just want to be a part of Lana's life. She deserves to know her father... And also i want to be a part of your life too Kathleen". Charles spoke earnestly, all of the emotions he felt showing on his face.