CHAPTER SIXTEEN

TIME TO TAKE ACTION

Charles sat in his dimly lit office, his mind consumed with regret and longing. He yearned for a way to make things right with Kathleen.

Lost in thought, Charles barely noticed when his best friend and confidant, David cautiously approached, concerned for his friend's wellbeing.

"Hey, Charles. What's on your mind?" He inquired softly, taking a seat across from him.

Charles sighed deeply, burying his face in his hands. "It's kathleen", he muttered, his voice heavy. "I messed up, David. I hurt her, and i don't know how to fix it".

David's eyed softened, understanding the depth of Charles's remorse. "You need to talk to her, Charles. Apologize and show her you're ready to change. Actions speak louder than words in situations like these", he suggested gently.

Charles considered David's advice, feeling a glimmer of hope ignite within him. But as gratitude filled his heart, he couldn't help but notice the absurdity of some of David's former suggestions. "David, disappearing to a remote island with her won't solve anything", Charles replied, and who would Lana stay with, a hint of frustration seeping into his voice.

David sheepishly grinned, realizing the weight of his ridiculous suggestion. "Alright, okay. Maybe that was a bit extreme", he admitted with a chuckle. "But seriously, Charles,you need to find a way to demonstrate your commitment to change".

Charles leaned back in his chair, pondering David's words. "You're right", he finally acknowledged, his voice laced with determination. "I need to show Kathleen that i have learned from my mistakes and that i am willing to put in the efforts to make things right".

As he spoke, Charles's mind began to form a plan. He knew that it would require patience and persistence, he was willing to do whatever it took to win back Kathleen's trust and heart. After all, she was the love of his life, the only woman he ever loved, he couldn't bear the thought of losing her again.

With a newfound resolve, Charles thanked David for his input and then waved him off, needing sometime alone to finalize his strategy, which caused David to grumble as he left the office.

It Was Time To Take Action