CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

YOU KEEP PUSHING ME AWAY

Kathleen's heart pounded in her chest as he angrily flung the chair. She had never seen him so enraged, his face contorted with pain and desperation. Her own fear only increased as he came closer and gripped her arm.

"Kathleen, I've done everything I could to get your forgiveness," he pleaded, his voice shaky with emotion. "But you keep pushing me away. I want us to be a family again, with you, me, and Lana, living peacefully. Please, I beg of you."

Tears welled up in her eyes as the grip on her arm tightened. The new found darkness  she saw within him made her question whether she could ever truly trust him again.

His next words sent a chill down Kathleen's spine. "I have dark thoughts, Kathleen," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper. "Voices inside my head tell me to kidnap you and take both you and Lana away to a faraway island, where we can all live peacefully".

Stunned and filled with both fear and pity, Kathleen tried to calm him down. "Please, sit down," she implored, her voice shaking. "We'll both sit down and talk okay, everything will be fine."

He looked at her through tear-filled eyes, his hands trembling. A broken half-smile formed on his lips, and he let out a bitter laugh. "You're probably scared of me, right?"

Taking a deep breath, Kathleen spoke softly but firmly. "Charles", she began "it's fine let's sit down alright".

His face crumbled at her words, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I never wanted to hurt you," he whispered, his voice thick with regret when he saw her arm. "But I can't control these thoughts, these impulses. They torment me day and night."

He sank down onto a nearby chair, his body wracked with sobs. It tore at Kathleen's heart to witness his pain. He didn't deserve this at all.

The Billionaire's Regret { Regret Series #1}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें