CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE?

The dimly lit room glowed with the warmth of candlelight, casting dancing shadows on the walls. Charles spared no efforts in setting a beautiful table for dinner, and called Lana and Kathleen over for a meal. He had meticulously prepared a delicious dinner for them, excited to spend the evening together and celebrate mother's day.

Kathleen's worried expression drew Charles's attention. Her eyes lingered on his injured arm, and concern eyched itself onto her face. She couldn't help but voice her worries.

"Charles, are you sure you're okay? Your injured arm, did you use it while cooking?".

Charles reassured her, a twinkle of amusement in his eyes. "I didn't use that arm at all, Kathleen. I promise you, I'm fine. It's just a small injury. Please don't worry".

So with Charles's reassurance, they began indulging in the wonderful dinner he had prepared.

As the evening wore on, Lana's eyes began to droop with sleepiness. Charles gently picked her up in his arms and carried her upstairs to prepare her for bedtime. He tucked her in, kissed her forehead, and whispered a sweet goodnight.

Eventually, Charles returned to the dinning room, his steps soft and quiet. He caught Kathleen's eyes and suggested, "would you like to share a glass of wine with me? We deserve a little relaxation after the wonderful dinner we just had".

Kathleen hesitated for a moment, her heart pounding in her chest. "I don't want to disturb Lana, you know she's asleep", she replied, a trace of worry etching on her features.

Charles chuckled softly. "I promise to keep the volume low, so we won't disturb her. And if she does wake-up, I'll handle it. Let's indulge in this moment, just the two of us".

Swallowing her doubt, Kathleen nodded, allowing Charles to pour her a glass of red wine. The soft melodies of a romantic song filled the room, enhancing the intimate ambiance of the evening. It was as if time stood still, and the world outside seized to exist.

With a glimmer in his eyes and a tender smile, Charles extended his hand towards Kathleen. "May i have this dance?".

Kathleen is a little bit unsure but eventually she puts her hand in his and they slow dance.