CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX

EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY, KATHLEEN

Arriving at the hospital, the air was thick with anxiety, Kathleen rushed her to the emergency room, desperate for answers and reassurance that her little girl would be alright.

The hospital personnel, their faces masked with determination, swiftly took charge, whisking Lana away to the pediatric section. Kathleen, feeling a mix of fear and helplessness, followed closely behind them. She was the epitome of a worried mother, her heart pounding in her chest as she watched her daughter vanish behind the doors.

Standing outside, tears cascaded down Kathleen's cheeks, a torrent of emotions flooding her soul. She felt her legs weaken beneath her, threatening to buckle, when Charles appeared, his concerned face mirroring her own anguish. Without hesitation, he enveloped her in his strong arms, pulling her close and whispering soothing words into her ear.

"It's all my fault, i shouldn't have forced her to come back home yesterday" she blamed herself.

"Everything will be okay, Kathleen, it's not your fault okay" Charles whispered gently, as if trying to vanquish the fear from her soul. "We have to stay strong for Lana. She needs us now more than ever."

Kathleen sniffled, nodding silently, allowing herself to momentarily lean on him for support. Their embrace was interrupted by the arrival of the doctor. In a white coat and with an air of calm authority, he approached them with a reassuring smile. Kathleen wiped away her tears, trying to compose herself, as the doctor delivered his diagnosis.

"Your daughter has a fever, but it's nothing serious," the doctor explained kindly. "We will keep her under observation for the rest of the day, just to be safe. If all goes well, you can take her home this evening."

A wave of relief washed over them both, their tense bodies relaxing ever so slightly. Gratitude swelled within them as they thanked the doctor, grateful for his expertise and the reassurance he had provided.