CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

{I LOVE YOU, CHARLES}

"I know it's my fault," Kathleen began, her voice barely above a whisper, "I shouldn't have rejected you so harshly. I pushed you away, even though deep down, I still loved you."

Charles remained unmoving, still laying lifeless on the cold and hard table.

Tears welled up in Kathleen's eyes as she continued. "I was afraid, Charles. Afraid that one day, you would wake up and decide to abandon me again. We have a daughter now, and I couldn't bear it if something like that were to happen once more."

Her voice wavered with the weight of her confession. Every word carried the weight of regret, remorse, and longing. Kathleen leaned forward, her hands clasping Charles's own tightly.

"Charles," she spoke softly, her voice filled with pain, "you have no idea the torture I've endured, raising Lana by myself, you broke my heart into pieces when you chose to leave. Scars are not easily forgotten. They leave wounds that run deep, and it takes time to heal."

Kathleen nodded, her words hitched in her throat. "I understand, Charles. And I'm ready to let go of all past grievances, i want us all to become a complete family, for you, Lana and also myself".

Silence enveloped the room, Charles was still unresponsive, his body was even becoming much colder. Kathleen's heart pounded in her chest, her fingers clenched so tightly that it hurt. She couldn't bear to lose him again – not after finally realizing the depth of her love for him.

Kathleen took a deep breath, a trace of vulnerability seeping into her features. "Believe me Charles. I will definitely make this different and a whole lot better this time, we will both have to deepen our trust in each other, since we can't simply erase the pain of the past."

Kathleen took a deep breath, her voice filled with determination. "I will do whatever it takes to understand and love you better. I will prove to you that I am steadfast in my love for you."

"I love you, Charles,"Kathleen whispered, her voice filled with longing.

Kathleen squeezed his hand tightly, her voice quivering with emotion. "I'm willing to do whatever it takes, Charles. I don't want to lose you again. I want to make things right. Please wake up".

And then to her surprise something unexpected happened.

The Billionaire's Regret { Regret Series #1}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें