who's your daddy?

"M-Monica's here. At Sheila's." Debbie barges in as we are all watching TV and she looks like she just saw a murder, "Shit." Fiona mutters "Who the hell is Monica?" Jimmy asks, "Our mother." Ian says, the room gets heavy, "Debs what did you s-" Fiona starts and Debs cuts her off, "What do you care? Soon you'll be living with Steve in the house he bought next door!" She wails and runs upstairs, "Shit." Jimmy and I mutter at the same time, they all look at us, "Surprise." Jimmy says awkwardly, "I'm going to work." Ian says and immediately leaves. "I'll stay with Debs, you guys go." I say and go upstairs to Debbie's room, "Hey, you okay?" I ask and sit on the edge of her bed, "Can you go to Sheila's with me?" Debs sniffles, I nod and we leave jogging to catch up with the group, "She decided to come." I say to Fiona and V wraps her arm around her, "Come on." Lip mutters to me reaching for my hand, I sigh and hold his hand; I know he needs me right now.

"No, for walking out on them." We walk into Sheila saying, pointing at the kids. "Oh, my god." Monica says, "It's alright, we're not one of yours." V says as we step off to the side, letting the kids have their moment. As Monica and the kids talk I stand behind Lip the whole time keeping my hands on his shoulders, after awhile Lip walks outside to go smoke, I follow him, "Hey, you alright?" I sit next to him, he nods, "I guess." Ian comes running up to Sheila's, "Thought you were at work?" I ask, "Kash shot Mickey." Ian says, "Shit." I scoot over and make room for him to sit next to us, "In the leg, he's fine. Just wanted to get out of there before the cops got there." Ian explains and takes Lip's cigarette, "What'd I miss from mom?" Ian asks, taking a drag, "Nothing." I scoff and put my hair up, "You know how dad is an asshole?" Lip asks, Ian nods, "Well, he's a good one." Lip says and takes his cigarette back. "You two work out your shit?" Ian asks, "There was nothing to work out." I mutter and walk back inside, Ian follows and we listen to Frank and Monica argue again.

"You brought me back here for money?' Monica yells in disbelief, "You knew where she was the whole time?" Lip asks, coming back in, Monica turns to see Ian, "Hi, Ian." she smiles, "You brought her back here?" Lip asks Frank, "Okay, look this little reunion was bound to happen sooner or later anyway." Monica's huge girlfriend says, "We were thinking about coming around to talk to you about something else-" she goes on but gets cut off by Monica, "No, no, not now Bob!" "Yes now!" Bob yells back, "Moni and I wanna take Liam to live with us." Bob breaks the news, my jaw drops, "What the fuck?" I blurt out on accident, "Over my dead body!" Frank says, "How about Moni signs whatever the hell it is you need, we get Liam?" Bob offers Frank, "Done." Frank says and walks away, "No fucking way! You can't have Liam!" Fiona screams, "Why the hell not? He's not even Frank's." Monica says "Fact is Liam is black, all you white folks scooping up black babies like fashion accessories have a rude awakening coming." Bob rants, "Liam needs me and he's coming with us!" She says, "No, out of the fucking question, Roberta." Lip says angrily, "Roberta and I want to start a family of our own." Monica says, "Are you kidding me? You have six kids here. Where were you for this family, you left them, you had a family you don't get to start a new one." I say, fed up with pathetic parents. "You don't get to abandon your kids and show up one day to take your pick of the litter." Fiona says. As Monica and Fi argue, I'm standing by Ian and Lip's side, I wipe Ian's tears as they fall and I side hug Lip, this isn't fair to them.

++

Monica and Bob are taking over the house, Fiona is next door with Jimmy and it's a shit show,

Lip and I are eavesdropping on their conversation, "I'm not supporting six kids, tomorrow we get the DNA results for Liam proving he's not Frank's and we're out of here." Bob says as she's flossing her teeth. "I hate her." I groan quietly and lay in Lip's bed as he goes down to smoke with Ian on his bed, "Me too, she's not fucking getting Liam." Lip says with a joint between his lips.

"I need ten dollars for the aquarium." Carl says to Monica, "For when?" "Today." Carl says, "What for?" Bob snarks, "Admission." Carl explains, "The school doesn't pay for that?" Bob shouts, "No and he'll also need money for lunch." I say as I hand ten dollars to Carl and take the permission slip from Monica. "Grab him an instant oatmeal and a pop-tart." Bob says with a mouthful of food, "You're so fucking pathetic." I mutter under my breath and hand Carl a twenty, "What did you say to me?" Bob stands up and I stand toe to toe with her, "You're a pathetic bitch and you won't be able to take care of Liam no matter what that DNA test says you'll never get him you bitch." I say in her face, "You don't even belong here." She shoves me and I slap her face, "Neither do you, you're just the fat mooch staying in Fiona's house while your pathetic dead beat "mother" of a girlfriend tries to rekindle relationships that will never be fixed, she can't even make them lunch let alone heal 21, 17, 15, 10 and 9 years of trauma. Luckily Liam doesn't remember how shitty of a person you truly are and thankfully he'll never get the chance to find out because no matter what that DNA test says, Fiona has raised him, Fiona's name is on his and all of the kids' charts and Frank might be a shitty drunk like my dad but at least he never left them!" I rage on Monica and her girlfriend Bob. It's silent as Lip and I walk out to go to school.