crazy love

I wake up to the sound of Lip grunting, "Lip?" I ask groggily, barely opening my eyes, "Just getting Liam." He explains and walks into the bathroom, "You did that on purpose." I mutter to myself as I sit up and rub the sleepiness from my eyes. As my eyes clear up I see Lip leaning an ear against Fiona's door, "Leave them alone." I say, walking up to him, "He's a douche!" Lip yells in a whisper, "And what are you?" I snark back sarcastically, "Come on, Liam. Let's get dressed then we can go eat breakfast." I say, grabbing his hand gently, walking back into his room. "Have you heard anything from Mickey?" Lip asks, following me into the boys room. "Check my phone." I say, nodding towards the bed as I help Liam put his clothes on, "032711" I give him my passcode, hoping he doesn't notice what that is, "The day we met?" He asks as he scrolls through my phone, shit, "Yeah. I just haven't changed it since." I say, grabbing my phone from his hands, "I said look for Mickey not look through the entire thing." I chuckle, "Don't change your password." Lip says, "Why so you can go through my phone when I'm sleeping like a creep?" I joke, "No," He says, quickly walking into his room and coming back out with his phone, "Try it." He hands me his phone, "032711?" I ask and he nods. I put in the numbers and instantly his phone unlocks, "When I first met you." He says, "Did I just witness a moment?" Fiona teases from the hallway, "Come on Liam, let's go get breakfast." I excuse myself from the tension, tossing Lip his phone back as I walk away from the room with Liam.

"Goodmorning, kids." I say making sure Sammi knew I wasn't speaking to her, "You heard anything?" Debbie asks and I shake my head, "Not yet. I'll let you know, okay?" Debbie nods, "So is Jimmy gonna move in with you and Gus?" Debbie asks as Fiona comes downstairs, "Debs." I say through my teeth and flick some egg at her, "What?" Fiona asked, "Getting your own place?" Sammi asks, "We haven't decided yet." Fiona sighs, "I know how important those early days of marriage are." Sammi says as she makes more plates, "Figuring each other out, getting used to compromise." She rambles on, "More eggs, Carl? Chuckie, honey?" She asks, changing the topic. "Sade, you heard anything from Mickey or Ian?" Fiona asks me and I shake my head, swallowing my mouthful of food before I speak, "Not yet. I'll let everybody know when I know." How many times am I gonna get asked that question today?

"If you and Gus do decide to get your own place, don't worry about us here. I can fill in now and then as needed." Sammi offers the help, "Fuck no you're not." I mumble to myself. "I gotta go, school." Debs says as her phone buzzes, "I love you, behave. Have a good first day." I say, "I love you too, bye guys." She dismisses herself, "I gotta go too, I'm supposed to be working freshman orientation." Lip says, putting both his and Debbie's plate in the sink, "You're going?" Fiona asks, worrisome. "I'll have my phone on me." Lip says, leaning over towards me and kisses my temple, "Call me, if anything." Lip smirks and hurries out the back door, "Are you two?" Carl starts to ask me, "No!" I say, annoyed. "Carl! The door!" Sammi yells at him as the loud knocking continues, "Don't fucking yell at him." I shout, "Well someone has to answer the door!" She argues, "You could've asked your fucking son! Or, just a thought, you could've did it yourself." I argue back, "Carl, don't answer the door." I instruct him and he sits back down, "Sammi! The door!" I yell back, voice full of attitude. She groans and storms over to the door, "Carl, do you need a ride to school?" I ask and he shakes his head, "I start tomorrow." "Shit, that's right." I mutter, "Fiona, Gus it at the door." Sammi whispers, "Go, go deal with your life." She instructs as Fiona looks worried. "Well, I have class. Carl, call me if you need anything, okay babe?" I say, kissing his forehead. "Okay, love you." His voice cracks, "I love you too, behave." I mother him as I leave, going to school.

++

"Welcome freshman Phoenixes!" I hear someone shout from the quad where all the club sign ups will be for the next week, "Sadie!" I hear Max's voice and I turn my head quickly towards the direction it came from, "Hi." I greet as he hugs me, "How have you been? I know you had to leave in a hurry last time." "Yeah, fine. Hey, sorry to cut you short but I gotta get to class. See you later?" I say, backing away slightly, "Oh, shit yeah. See you." Max sounded upset. I didn't mean for him to be upset; it's just, Lip. It's always Lip.