empathy

It's day two out of four since Ian got admitted. Lip and I started to become closer again, we slept over at each other's dorm rooms the past two nights, it's been really good lately. Carl decided he wanted to be a drug dealer and he's been moving weed. I already tried to lecture him after the incident at the police station but he's already in too deep. Only thing we can do now is hope he's careful.

I wake up to one of Lip's floormates banging on the door, "Jesus Christ." I mutter and roll over, "My shift doesn't start until 7 go away." Lip yells tiredly, the banging continues, "Lip get up." I mutter, he does and goes to open the door, "Again?" Lip scoffs, "Sade, throw me those keys." Lip says, pointing to the side table. "Here." I toss them then cover my face with the blanket, going back to sleep.

When Lip comes back in the room he slightly slams the door, "Sorry." He says as I uncover my face, "You did it on purpose." I sit up and the blanket falls, revealing my bare chest, "Still no schedule?" I ask as I read the big blue letters on his screen and he turns back towards me, "This makes it better though." He smirks and squeezes my tits, "You're annoying." I groan and grab a shirt from the ground, putting it on to cover up. "I have a lecture at 12." I yawn, "I have an 8am. We can totally fuck really quick before then." Lip smirks, laying on his bed next to me, "We fucked four times last night." I say, shaking my head, "It's a new day." Lip says, pulling down his boxer slightly, revealing his morning wood. "I'm not doing any work." I say, rolling over, getting into doggy and the biggest smile grows on his face as he gets behind me and goes to work.

++

"You staying here until your class?" Lip asks as he gets dressed, "No, I want to bring Carl to school, make sure he actually gets there." I roll my eyes and also get dressed. "Can't believe he's moving shit." I sigh, "I'm not surprised." Lip chuckles and kisses me, "Love you, see you later." "Love you." I say back as he rushes out of the room. What do I do to myself?

++

"Chuckie turned on the chocolate faucet upstairs." I walk in to hear Carl, "Hello to you too." I chuckle, "Hi." Debs says, looking upset, "What's wrong?" I ask, "That Derek dude she likes totally has her in the friend-zone that's why she's putting on skank makeup." Carl teases her and I slap the back of his head, "Leave your sister alone." "I'm not in the friend-zone." Debs justifies, "He punches your arm, totally in the friendzone. If he squeezes it, he likes you." Carl explains, he finally gave knowledgeable advice, he is growing up. "It's none of your business." Debbie scoffs and storms off, "Carl, do me a favor?" Sammi asks, sitting across from him, "What do I get out of it?" He asks, "Favors are supposed to come from the bottom of your heart." Sammi says, making me chuckle, "Do you know who you're talking to?" I ask, "He does stuff for you." Sammi says, "Because she's Sadie." Carl justifies, "But I'm your sister!" "She's been there for me longer than I've known you." Carl says, folding his arms across his chest. "Take Chuckie under your wing, make sure the kids don't pick on him, okay?" Sammi proceeds to ask, "Nunchucks and a pack of condoms." Carl says, "Carl." I groan and walk towards the fridge, "Okay, fine." Sammi says and walks away, "Magnums!" He shouts, "Jesus Christ." I put my head in my hands, "Weren't you like nine yesterday? What the fuck." I say, "Let's go to school." I say, disgusted but not surprised; Gallagher men are packing. "Come on, Chuckles let's go." Carl calls upstairs, "Chuckles?" I ask, "Make sense?" He asks and I nod, "Yeah."

++

"Carl, behave. I love you, I don't want anything to happen to you." I say before he gets out of the car, "I'm fine. I love you too." He says, getting out of the car and walking into the middle school. I hope he's okay.

After dropping Carl and Chuckie off I decide to make my way to school.

"Sadie!" I hear someone call me as soon as I step foot on campus, "Oh, Mr. Martin! Hi." I greet him with a smile, "How was your summer in..." "Paris. It was good, how was yours? Everything okay? Did you like the library job?" "Well, it was...interesting to say the least. The library job was alright, I met some people there who are very kind and slightly enjoyable to be around." I say, referring to Max, "Max Granier?" Mr. Martin chuckles, "Uh, what?" I chuckled awkwardly, "He's one of mine too, he was talking about a girl he met at the library kinda blowing him off, figured it was you." "Why because I blow people off?" I ask, teasingly. "No, because I knew you were working there this summer and well, yes, you do blow people off but totally not your fault!" He threw his hands up in surrender, "You're just very dedicated to your family which I respect and which is what I assumed when your professor said you answered a call in class and then just left without saying a word." He confronts me in a nice tone, "Yeah, Ian. You remember right? Well, he's very manic and he had an episode where he stole my godson and yeah long story, we found him and everything is okay now." I explain briefly and he nods, "Yeah, I figured. Told your professor you spoke with me afterwards; family emergency. You're all set but please, next time call or text me a heads up so I'm not blindsided by your professors." He smiles and I nod, "Sure, thanks for always having my back. I really appreciate you." I say and hug him, "No problem. See you around." He pats my back slightly before walking off.