awol

"Ian stole my identity and tried to steal a fucking helicopter with missles on it." Lip says pacing my dorm, "And being on leave without permission supposedly." he adds, "Holy shit." I say. My insides feel like they're on fire, I should've said something the day he left. I could be sick. "Yeah, do you know where he is?" Lip asks and I shake my head, I knew he left the Army but I don't have an idea where he is. "You knew he left the Army and you didn't say shit?" Lip yells at me, "I didn't know why and I especially didn't know he stole your identity! Don't you think I would've tried to talk him out of it like I do to you?" I yell back, defending myself. "Shit, sorry." Lip sighs, he hates yelling at me, "It's fine. Let's just go back to the house and we can see if anyone knows anything." I sigh, standing up and grabbing my jacket, "Aren't you in the middle of studying?" Lip asks, following me, "I can just wing it, I studied a lot of this while you were still in high school, you know when I was waiting for you?" I say, unlocking my car, "Yeah, yeah smarty pants." Lip scoffs and gets into my car. "Speaking of smarty pants, how was your test?" I ask as I speed back to South side. "It was fine, I get my grade back tomorrow probably but right after when I was trying to study I went to take a shit and two military police officers break the fucking door down and ask me if I know Ian and shit." "What'd you say?" "Of course I fucking said no!" Lip groans, "Just making sure." I defend my commentary. "It's fine, just annoyed at the fact Ian would do some stupid bullshit like that." Lip scoffs, "I can wonder the same thing about another Gallagher, isn't that crazy?" I joke, "Ha Ha, funny." Lip smirks. I know I am.

++

"Hey you're back already?" Carl jumps up to hug me, "Hey, guys!" Debbie greets us happily, hugging Lip first then she and Carl switch, "Hey Debs, you okay?" I ask, referring to our last phone call; she nods, "Don't worry, nothing happened." She explains and sits back down, "What?" Lip quietly asks me, "It's nothing, girl stuff." I brush it off, "Hey, have you guys heard anything from Ian lately?" I immediately jumped to the topic, "No, why?" Debs tilts her head, "Nothing." Lip waves her off and grabs Liam, "Hi, buddy." He says quietly, "Phillip and Sadie!" Sheila says, coming in from the kitchen with a Native American headband on her head, "No one told me you guys would be home!" She greets us with a huge smile, "Sheila, hi, nobody told us you'd be here." I say, awkwardly, "What are you doing here?" Lip asks, "Great question." Carl mutters, "Carl Francis." I say between my teeth which makes him chuckle, "I'm being honest!" "Well, Fiona is at work then she has a barbeque at Mike's house so I decided to come and watch the kids." She explains, "Thank you for watching them. I knew Fiona hadn't been watching you guys." I scoff, "Carl, go shower I know you haven't." I demand and he rolls his eyes and storms upstairs. "What do you mean, you knew?" Lip asks, "I came by last night and Carl smelled like a monkey cage." I roll my eyes, "Jesus, Fi." Lip mutters to himself. "Yeah, she doesn't really pay attention around here anymore." Debbie says as she kneels on the ground, making a project. I glance up at Lip who looks very upset, "You sure you haven't heard anything from Ian?" Lip asks again, "Nope." Debbie says, "The US Army?' Lip adds and Debbie shakes her head. "Why the Army?" Debbie asks, "Because Ian joined the Army." Lip explains and glares at me, "Sadie, you knew where he was?" Debbie looks at me, "He told me not to tell! I keep all your guys' secrets, right?" I explained to Debs, "Right." She says nervously, "What secrets?" Lip asks, "Nothing." Debbie and I say in sync, "Jesus Christ." Lip mutters to himself. "Ian is in the Army?" Carl asks as he comes downstairs, "You definitely didn't shower." I roll my eyes at him, "Did too!" He defends and runs over, putting his pits in my face, "Okay, okay!" I push him off me, "Is he old enough to do that?" Carl asks, "He used my name and social security number to sign up and he tried to steal a helicopter. He went AWOL I guess." Lip explained, "A helicopter? Cool." Carl smiles, "Does Fiona know?" Debbie asks and he shakes his head, "That's why we came back, to let her know." "When will she be back?" I ask, "She rarely comes home, lots of Sheila babysitting." Debbie rolls her eyes and turns back towards her project, "Jesus Christ." Lip and I mutter in sync. I can't believe Fiona leaves them with her, they're better off alone.