welcome home

I woke up the next day to Lip slipping back into bed, "Where were you?" I ask him, sleepily as I cuddle into him, "You smell like hospital." I look up at him, he nods, "Went back last night after you fell asleep, I needed to talk to her." He confesses, "Jesus Christ." I mutter and put my head into his chest, "I just needed clarity, we're done. Only reason I stayed around was because I thought that was my baby." Lip says and rubs my back, "I just don't want you hurt again because of her. She's so shitty to you." I say, resting my chin on his chest. He kisses my nose, a knock at the door ruins our cuddle session, "I'll get it. I say, throwing on shorts and hurrying downstairs.I answer, it's Fiona, "Hey, Lip here?" She asks, I nod, "Come in, I'll get him." I say softly, she closes the door behind her, "Lip, can you come down?" I called up to him, "Where did you go yesterday? When you left." Fiona asks, "Lip called, told me to come, he didn't want you guys to know yet." I explain, she nods, "Thanks for the pies, we didn't get to eat them yesterday but we ate some for breakfast today and they were amazing." Fiona compliments, "Thank you, sorry I wasn't there last night to help." I apologize and nod upstairs indicating Lip, "It's fine, I'm just glad Lip is safe." She says and he finally comes down, "Hey, how're you doing?" Fiona asks, "Fine, she's a bitch and I'm glad it's not mine." Lip says, Fiona softly smiles, "I passed my GED." she admits, no reaction, "You surprised?" She asks, awkwardly, "No, that's great." Lip says, "So, deal's a deal." Fiona says, "Uh, too late, spilt milk." Lip lies, I furrow my eyebrows, "I passed, you go back to school." Fiona says, "All water under the bridge." Lip says with his arms crossed, "Stop with the clichés." Fiona says, "Road not taken." Lip says sternly, "I want you home Lip. I want both of you back, the house isn't complete." Fiona confesses, "You two are my rocks." Fiona sounds sad, Lip doesn't react, "Alright." She mutters and leaves.

"Lip, why did you tell her you're not in school?" I hit his shoulder, "Wanted to see how she'd react." Lip says and takes a drink from my fridge, "We're going back to your house, my dad will be back soon." I say, nervously. "We will and I'll tell her I'm in school." Lip rolls his eyes at me and sits on the couch, "Thank you." I lean over and kiss his cheek. "Tonight." I insisted and laid on the couch with my feet on his lap, "Fine." he groans and throws his head back, causing me to smirk. I win.

++

As soon as we walk in the back of the Gallaghers we see Frank laid out by the broken down pool, "Welcome home." I tease him, he chuckles to himself, "Yeah, welcome home." he says as we walk up the stairs and into the kitchen. Fiona hugs Lip then me, "Thanks for bringing him home." She whispers to me and I squeeze her a little tighter to say you're welcome. We all embrace into a big group hug, our family is back together and I couldn't be more relieved.