hell froze over

"Late start, sorry guys you're on your own." Fiona says as she comes downstairs buttoning her blazer, "Don't worry, I made lunches." I hold up the four brown bags, "A miracle worker." Fiona smiles and kisses my head, "Is Ian staying home again?" I ask her as she pours coffee and I hand Lip his cup, "Thanks." He mutters to me quickly, "Yeah, says his stomach hurts." Fiona tells me; it's not his stomach; Mickey's wedding is today and he found out a week ago who he was getting married to, poor baby is so depressed, "I'll check on him when everyone leaves." I reassure her and she nods, "Thank you," She says grabbing empty poptart wrappers, "Any left?" She asks, "Carl finished them, he ate three packs." Debbie scoffs, "I'm a growing boy." Carl defends, "Six poptarts? You're insane!" I tease him with a smile, "Little broski took a big boy dump on the big boy toilet!" Jimmy says as he comes into the kitchen with Liam on his shoulders, "Yay Liam!" We all cheer and clap for him, "We're gonna celebrate by walking to the store for some butt wipes." Jimmy said, "And poptarts and peanut butter and tampons, sorry." Fiona sighs as she is collecting her things to leave, "Tampons?" Jimmy asks, "I'll do it." I scoff, "I'm gonna check on Ian first and then I'll go and get wipes, peanut butter, poptarts and tampons." I say, handing the kids their lunch and throwing Lip's on the table for him just before running upstairs.

"Ian, you okay?" I ask, sitting on the edge of his bed, "I'm losing my mind, I can't stop thinking about the wedding." Ian sighs, "Do yourself a favor and stay far away from that car wreck as possible." Lip says as he comes up the stairs, "Don't you have to go to school?" I roll my eyes, he puts his hand over my face and gently pushes me, "Hush." He says, smiling, "Can you guys help me set up at the VFW today?" Mandy shows up out of nowhere, "No." Lip says and pushes past her, "What's his deal?" She asks, "He found out you tried to kill the bitch." I confess, "You ratted on me?" Mandy gets upset, "No but he knew it wasn't me who texted the bitch and he said if it wasn't me it was you. I said that was crazy but you know how he is." I explain, "Shit, whatever, can you help today?" Mandy asks me and I look at Ian, he nods, "Yeah, I can come by later." I say, "Me too." Ian says, "Sick." Mandy says and leaves for school. "Ian, are you sure?" I ask, "Yes Sade, it's fine." Ian sighs, "Okay, you need to eat and shower, you're funky." I tease him as I stand up to leave, "Asshole." He says with a chuckle, "I love you, feel better." I say just before descending the stairs.

++

"You made it!" Mandy greets us as we walk into the VFW, "Chairs are over here and watch out for splinters." She warns and we begin helping, "You know Lip is still up Karen's ass." Mandy informs me, "I know, not my problem." I sigh, "Not your problem? I ran over that bitch for you!" She yells, "You didn't do it for me you did it because you're in love with Lip and he doesn't want you but you knew you couldn't touch me because he's fucking kill you himself." I yell back, she doesn't respond, "Exactly." I mutter, "You think he loves her?" Ian blurts out, "She's brain dead, I'd hope not." Mandy scoffs, "I meant Mickey, does he love Svetlana?" "I mean tons of dudes get girls knocked up and don't get hitched. My dad is super excited about it, he planned the whole thing; I think it's kinda sweet." Mandy says and I look over at Ian, his jaw is clenched and his eyes are full of pain, I hate seeing Ian like this; his look reminds me of his mother's, I'm worried.

++

"Pizza! Get it while it's hot!" I hear V and Fiona's voices, I hear Carl and Debbie fighting to get down the stairs first, "Jeez calm down." I laugh at the two in front of me, "How was school?" Fiona asks the two kids as they sit down with a stack of pizza on their plates, "We did fractions today," Debbie said as I watch Carl bite his pizza and shake his head like a dog trying to kill its prey, "You're not a dog!" "Chew your food like a human!" Fiona and I corrected him in sync then he opened his mouth and the pizza fell back onto his plate. "So, Mike from the office is planning a big camping trip, you're all invited, wanna go?" Fiona offers, "I hate bugs and I'm going to the Milkovich wedding." I say, "Can we make s'mores?" Debbie asks, enthused, "Uh-huh." Fiona smiles eagerly, "And shoot racoons?" Carl has a devious smile on his face, "No." Fiona gives him a sharp look, "Interested?" Fiona turned to Jimmy, "Love camping in theory except for the bugs and the first and the ground sleeping." Jimmy says, "I gotta go, caffeine addicts await." Jimmy says and looks at all of us, "Bye-Bye Dr. Jimmy." Veronica says, slightly flipping him off.