silent treatment

"Hey, it's your party, no work." Ian says to Debbie as she is putting crayons away. "Thanks for sticking around tonight." Fiona mutters to Ian and I as Ian lights two tealight candles, "It's for Debs, not you." Ian says, "Still, thanks." Fiona says and pats both our shoulders, "I'm glad you're home." Fiona says to me before hurrying out the door. "Hey party girl." Mandy says walking in right after Fiona leaves, "Holy shit, you're back?" Mandy says and hugs me quickly and walks over to Deb, "I brought over a couple black lights; set the mood." Mandy says and sits on the couch, "Aren't those good for finding traces of blood?" Debs asks, sitting next to Mandy, "Well my dad uses it to snuff out fake bills." Mandy says, Debbie finally looks happy for once, it's sweet. "We have some sparklers that we were gonna use on the fourth of July, we can make sparkler bombs; where's the duct tape?" Lip says coming downstairs holding the two boxes full of sparklers, "In my kidnap kit in the van, I'll get it." Carl says and he and his friend, little Hank, go outside. I catch Debs staring at Hank as he walks by, I nudge her, "Someone's got a crush." I whisper and she hits me, "No!" She blushes.

++

Later that night we decided to watch a movie, Nightmare on Elm Street, "Jesus Christ." I mutter as I sit down in the same chair as Ian, Lip taps my leg and nods upstairs, knowing I don't like the movie, I ignore him and cuddle with Ian. Lip sighs and goes upstairs, Holly has been staring him down all night, it's kinda funny because it's making Lip uncomfortable. "Sadie, can you grab us the pizza from the kitchen?" Debs asks me, I nod and go to the kitchen; it's almost like Lip was waiting for me because he's already there waiting for me, "Hey, I just wanted to say sorry. Karen and I are officially over, she's getting married to that Choady loser and she told me she doesn't want to see me anymore." Lip says. "So is that the only reason you're done, because she is?" I say and push past him with pizza boxes in my hands. He grabs my arm and pulls me towards him, "Fuck that bitch Sade, I'm done with her because I want you. I realized how bad I fucked up, you're the only one who gives a shit about me." "You didn't realize that before Lip?" "You know I'm-" "Lip, fuck off." Ian steps in, "What?" Lip says, "You know you're not done with that whore stop dragging Sadie into all your games." Ian defends me, "Fuck you." Lip says and pushes Ian causing Ian to swing, "Guys!" I shout and get in between them, "Don't ruin Deb's party." I say sharply as I walk back to the living room with the bowls of snacks. "Meet me under the L in twenty minutes." Lip says to Ian, "You won't last two minutes, pussy." Ian says and walks away.

I scoff as they both leave the house, "Debs, I'm sorry I have to go make sure Lip and Ian don't kill each other, I'll be right back." I whisper to her so I don't disturb her party, she looks sad but nods, "Okay." I sigh and follow Ian jogging to catch up to him. "Ian, what the fuck?" "He's so pathetic! He's wasting his life on Karen when he can be doing so many things and with you! You actually give a shit about him and us! You don't find many people who give a shit about a Gallagher let alone all six of us!" He sounds pissed. "Ian, no matter what happens, I'm always going to be here for you guys." I reassure, "He still hurt you and he's just a fucking loser, he deserves to get his ass beat." Ian says, I don't say anymore I know the conversation is over.

No hesitation they start going at it, Ian is winning, punching Lip over and over again in the face, I feel nauseous. Lip flips Ian over and headbutts him, I put my hand over my mouth, Ian gets one last hit before he stands up again, he goes to kick him and I grab him, "Enough, your point is proven." I scream at Ian, "Asshole." Ian says, "Dickhead." Lip refutes as he stands up. "Are you two good now?" I ask, Lip lights a cigarette and Ian walks away, I groan and run after Ian.

"Wwhat the fuck was that all about, Ian?" I ask, "I'm always living in his shadow and he's just a jerk." Ian says, "Ian, what happened? I know this didn't happen because of me." I say and hold his arm, "He got accepted to West Point." Ian confessed, "Oh shit, what a jerk." I say knowing that was Ian's dream. "He said he forgot to mention me and a war hero recommended him! He got his acception papers this morning." Ian sighs, "Well, fuck him. You can do it all on your own, I believe in you." I say leaning into him, "You really think so?" He smiles, "I know so." I say and jump on his back, "Weight training?" I look over his shoulder at him, he shakes his head with a smile, "Lucky I love you." Ian says and hikes me up his back a bit more, "Speaking of love, how're you and Milkovich?" I ask as he is walking us home, "I don't know, good I guess. How do you know if someone likes you?" Ian asks me making me chuckle, "You're asking me? The one who got cheated on by Lip Gallagher more than once?" I scoff at myself, "Shit, we're fucked huh?" Ian jokes and lets me off his back once we are home, "Super fucked." I say and walk inside.