CH: 70 Get Him

CH: 70 Get Him
(Jamison POV)

(BTW, Please be aware that Be My Bad Boy might be a series, so Book 1, Book 2, and Book 3 might be a consideration, we'll see.)

The parents' anger was understandable; the way they lashed out, the tears falling from their faces, and how they looked powerless were things I imagined they would feel.

I felt pain, sadness, and anger, and I especially felt more anger when the parents said that the bastard offered to help them.

He offered to help them look for their children when he was the main one who had their children this whole time when he was the main one who took their children from them.

When I heard the gasp come from Jacob's mother, hearing the words that left her mouth caused a cold chill to run down my back.

Things like that, that's what I call them. They're not allowed to be called humans and should not be roaming the same surface as us. They're nothing but rodents that walked the earth, should not be allowed to roam the planet, should not be allowed to hurt others.

Those parents will not be able to take their children home tonight, and they're not going to be able to be at peace with what was told to them about what happened to their boys.

Now, knowing that their children's tormentor was someone who had offered to offer them help them find their children, being the main one who kept their children away from them.

When I saw the agents' facial expressions, I could see the guilt written on their faces, not because they had anything to do with the children's death. Still, the responsibility of failing these parents was something that I felt the agents took personally.

It took them a while to collect the parents and escort them out of Rosemary's lab. Seeing the parents break down the way they did was something that definitely will stay with me for the rest of my life.

"Jamison?" Rosemary's voice called out to me, and I raised my head to look at her. She was staring at me with a concerned look.

I knew she was worried about me, and quite frankly, she had every right to be concerned about me.

I mean, this is something that I was still getting used to, and I was still finding myself working on how to deal with it, so she had every right to be worried.

"I'm okay, don't worry. I'll be fine." I said, turning around to face her.

Rosemary continued to stare at me with the impression she would have on her face when she didn't buy something.

"You know I am here for you. We're partners." She said in a soft tone.

My heart softens at that, and I let out a sigh. I let my guard down and approached her.

"Yes, Bambi. I know that we're partners, and I love every moment. I don't want to be a burden on you too much." I said to her honestly.

She had so much to do, she had a lot on her plate, and she will continue to do so. I don't want to give her too much to handle.

"Jami, you're not a burden to me, and you never will be. I will never see you like that, so don't ever think of yourself that way, and you know, I'm a very blunt person. If I thought of you as a burden, I would have said that." Rosemary said, causing me to roll my eyes playfully.

"You're right about that," I said, smiling at her softly.

"Let's walk into the next room." She said. I nodded my head and followed her.