CH:82 To feel down

CH:82 To feel down

(Jamison POV)

This was something that was upsetting Rosemary, and she was acknowledging it.

It was getting to me because it seemed like she was feeling guilty. She had nothing to feel guilty about, as none of this was her fault.

She couldn't have known anything about this. This was something that was out of her control.

"It's just alarming, the fact that you can be someone who went through the education, the residency, the requirements only to turn all that to helping bad people and to assisting people on getting away with crimes." Rosemary said with her face against my chest.

"It's just not right; the whole thing isn't right. How many cases? How many people did he screw over, and how many times did he fail to do his duty? I feel so horrible for all of them, the families, and the people he screwed over." She said; I nodded my head, knowing exactly what she meant.

"Let it all out, baby girl; it's okay. You can just let it all out." I said to her as I rubbed her back, Rosemary continued to cry between my arms, and I continued soothing her as she did so.

Anyone on the outside who has ever seen Rosemary and has ever come in contact with her briefly probably would think that she was all about just getting the cases solved and moving on to the next case. It's something that I have noticed from people facial expressions and overhearing conversations of people outside our group.

Even though I have never seen this side of her until now, Rosemary is passionate about her career; she cares about people. She cares about the outcomes of her cases, justice being served, and the people going down for their crimes.

This is something that, if I remained as an outsider would not have expected at all from her, especially with how outsiders view her personality, but being someone who has been in this woman's life, someone who knows her ability, someone who is in love with her. I have been given a chance to see many sides of her, and for that, I am willing to stand beside her through anything and everything.

"We'll make sure that they don't ever get the chance to do something like this again." I said to her, meaning it.

This is something I will want to see through; there's no way in hell I was going to stand by and let people get away with things like this.

"Rosemary, you'll be able to solve this and ensure that the bad people behind this get dealt with. You have a whole team and others on your side who will also ensure it happens. I know this is overwhelming and sad, but they won't get away with it, especially now that we know." I said, pulling her back to look at her

"You're a badass, you know that? You won't let those pricks get away with that shit, not with you on the case. Nah, my baby girl is going to take their asses down right." I said, bringing her face up with both hands to look at me. I wiped her tears away and gave her a smile.

"You're a good person, a strong person and someone who doesn't take shit from others. Those pricks have no idea who's on to them." I said, showing a scared look on my face, which caused a smile to show up on Rosemary's face.

"You're so silly." She said.

"But did I lie?" I asked her.

She made direct eye contact with me, and I saw the look of determination on her face.

"No, you didn't lie." She said, wiping her tears away as well.

"Damn right I didn't; it's okay to cry now and kick ass later." I said.