CH: 85 This wasn't supposed to happen

(Rosemary POV)

Jamison was getting skilled with his cutting. Every single time I perform an autopsy with him, I just become more and more proud of where his skills are.

I was in the small station area writing the final report on the autopsy as I looked through the window into the morgue to see Jamison; he was sewing the body back together. Something that we do after we perform autopsies.

I turned my attention back to the computer before me; everything about the report I was writing angered me.

I ensured that my report was very detailed, including the bruises on the body. Also, going into details about what was the cause of death, the internal bleeding that was caused by the accident was one of the big reasons behind her death.

Even if an ambulance had rushed to her immediately, they would have had to rush to the hospital and perform surgery for her to be able to make it.

All this woman was trying to do was save herself and her son, only to end up dying the way she did.

Sometimes, life was just not fair to some people.

She is one of those people where your heart pulls, and you feel sad about what happened.

I hope justice will be on her side because she's already suffered enough. She doesn't need any more suffering, and neither does her son.

Yet, the system is something that could be better and needs a lot of work to it.

People in the system must be willing to provide the work to help improve and change the system for the better.

That man felt comfortable using the system to his advantage. He felt comfortable doing what he'd done with the law; why? Things like that bother me because he was allowed to get away with it.

I hate when people get away with things, especially when it's something horrible like this.

I sighed, throwing my head back as I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and let it out. I had a migraine. I was going to send my report in, stating all my findings and the results from the autopsy.

This isn't an easy battle for this woman's family, as this man will go above and beyond to not end up behind closed doors.

I am also not going to take his threat lightly; the look in his eyes when he threatened me showed me that he didn't give a crap about who I was or about my life.

I didn't know if Jamison noticed, as he had a voice that he wasn't going to take his threats lightly either, but the way that man stared at me and analyzed me as if he was figuring out how to get rid of me.

How to become a monster that could destroy me; it was as if he was thinking of many ways to harm me, to make me feel powerless.

I felt all of that during the small interaction I had with him in the hospital, and I can't imagine how his late wife felt. Every day under the same roof with this man must've been complete hell.

I lowered my head back to stare at the computer screen. I clicked on my keyboard to send in my report.

There's no way this man will not come after me for this.

He's going to, no doubt about it. The thing is, I am not sure if he'll try to go the "legal way" or try to bring harm to me.

"He'll probably do the latter." I said to myself out loud.