CH: 79 Too many cases

(Rosemary POV)

I've had many cases and bodies on my autopsy table, which I've repeatedly repeated to myself, especially when working on a case that would have me go through a rollercoaster of emotions.

Something that I was doing right now.

Yet the woman lying on the autopsy table in front of me looks like she's been to hell and back more than once.

"Fucking hell," Jamison said next to me.

"There are so many bruises all over her body," Jamison said in a low, angry tone.

"Yes, she's been abused for years; some of these bruises weren't fully healed before new ones were formed," I said, taking pictures of her body.

"She went through so much," Jamison said, staring at the dead woman's body.

"Hmm, she has. Sometimes it's hard for people to leave horrible situations like this. Many people are afraid to go for many reasons. They're scared of what will happen if they do leave; they're unaware of how to heal or how their identity will be because it became centered around the trauma, or they have no one to turn to. It's terrifying for them, not knowing the unknown or the what if's." I said, staring at the dead's woman body as I spoke.

"She took that leap. I'm sure she was scared, afraid, and worried, but she took that leap to save herself and her son; even though she could not, she managed to get her son out of that situation. Our job is to ensure he doesn't go back to that abusive monster by ensuring we gathered all the evidence we can to prove what happened to her." I said, putting the camera down.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Yes." He said as he grabbed gloves for the both of us.

We begin the autopsy, using our time effectively, as any time wasted is time added to the suspect freedom.

That is something I constantly remind myself of. Every single second wasted is a second added to someone's freedom that shouldn't be free.

People, not even people, don't deserve to be called people. They're nothing but monsters. Monsters who can do something like to someone don't deserve to be free. They don't deserve to walk around without no worries, and they don't deserve to walk around at all.

People like that need the worse to happen to them and nothing but the worse.

"Do you think her son is going to be okay?" Jamison asked in a soft voice.

Hmm. I wasn't sure how to answer that question, Jamison has a sensitive spot for children, and I had to choose the right way to answer the question he asked as if it would impact him.

"The truth is, I don't think he's going to be okay any time soon; maybe in the future, he will be, but he lost his mom. She died trying to protect them but ended up losing her life. So, I'm sure she's at the hospital right now, not wanting to leave her son, and I'm sure whenever he does wake up, whenever he realizes that his mother is dead. He will be in pain and feel a sense of loss." I said.

"I hope they lock that bastard up," Jamison growled. I nodded, agreeing with what he said and the tone he said it in.

"Alright, we're done with the autopsy; let's put her away," I said softly.

Jamison nodded his head.

"She'll be here until her sister comes to claim her," I said.

Have I always spoken like this about the deceased? I looked at Jamison to see if he reacted to what I said and didn't notice any reaction, which means that this is how I would speak about the deceased normally.

So why is it that I'm being affected by it now? Why am I considering the way I speak about the dead?

Jamison stood there quietly, not saying anything. We had just finished the autopsy, and I was sure many things were running through his mind.

"Jami," I said, bringing his attention to me.

"Do you want to go to the hospital to see the little boy?" I asked him.

"Can we do that?" He asked with wide eyes.

"Hmm, sorta, but it's me, so I guess we can do that," I said, cleaning things up.

"Yes. I mean, we're going to get involved in it. So we can also make sure we do what we want to do." I said, looking at him.

A soft smile appeared on Jamison's face as he stared at me.

"Thank you." He said.

"Of course, come on let's go. I already know which hospital he was taken to. I also need to reach out to the team and see if they found anything, and also how long it will take them to come to the lab." I said, walking out with Jamison.

"I really hope his aunt is there," Jamison said worriedly.

"Hmm, it would depend on how far the aunt lives. I can tell you're worried, but I know that his mother is there for a fact and she's not going to let anything happen to him. Also, the agents will be there. They already suspect the father to be involved. So, they're not going to let their guard down." I said to him, giving him a little bit of hope.

"Yeah, it's just going to be hard for him. When he wakes, he's going to have a hard time when he realizes that his mother is dead." Jamison said in a soft voice.

"He will have a hard time, but I'm hoping his Aunt would be a great support team to him and I hope he will be able to somehow get through it." We were now in the parking garage, approaching the car.

"Do you think he'll get away with it? I've seen some cruel people get away with things just because of their position." Jamison said with a snarl on his face.

"We'll make sure he doesn't get away with it. I don't care what position he is in; people who commit crimes like this should be dealt with." I said.

I hate it; it's something that bothers me with a passion. People who do such evil things think they can get away with it just because of who they're and their position. It's something that I swear to myself and to everything in life that, in my line of work, I would never let happen.

I am sure that there are people in my line of work that have aided with covering things up for people in powerful positions or have lied about some instances, but that is something that I, as someone, would never do and if I ever come across someone who dares to do such things. Then I'll take them down, after all. The world we live in doesn't need any more trash floating around.

(*Kassandra Speaks*)

Damn, our girl is not playing, she snapped. I admire how Jamison and Rosemary keep each other both stable, as it is a necessary trait to have with your partner. Where you both can support each other and keep each other stable. What do you Dolls think? Do you Dolls agree?

Give this chapter a VOTE & COMMENT!

If you're not following me on Wattpad, you aren't part of the Doll family and Honey, what are you doing? You better click that follow button because you're missing out!!!!! If you have read up here, you must like the story, so why not follow the person who made it? It also shows support when you do so and gives the writer a higher following. That way, more people can come across my stories.

Check out my PODCAST!!!!! Link in Bio

Subscribe to my personal YOUTUBE Link in BIO.

Subscribe to Madam Hell YOUTUBE, link in the bio, and comment I sent you! :) (Madam Hell is me; I am working on redoing the channel. It will be a channel where I do my own horror stories that I narrate myself.)

Xoxo

-Kassandra Vivu