CH: 87 Can't let this end badly

(Rosemary POV)

We finally arrived home, and Jamison was on alert the whole time we drove home. I noticed that he kept looking in the rearview mirror. He looked concerned; I wanted to know what had him on the edge this much.

I knew we were dealing with a serial killer; I knew that he had killed all three of his late wives, and I knew that he found me a threat.

I wasn't afraid of him and wasn't concerned about what he had played, but I would be a fool not to realize that Jamison was worried and concerned.

I finally saw Jamison's overprotective side, that he cared about and didn't want to happen to me.

That was something that I knew of, that he would make sure that nothing happened to me. As I would do the same for him, I would never let anything happen to Jamison.

I sighed as Jamison came to open the passenger door for me so I could get out of the car.

I didn't miss the look on her face; she smiled sadly. I didn't blame this woman for anything she and her son went through; none of this was her fault. The only person who is at fault is the man who did what he did to her and the other women.

They were not to blame but him; he is the one that needs to go down for what he did, and he is the one that needs to be exposed for what he did.

"Are you ready?" I asked her as we approached the front door of my house before she could say anything. Jamison opened the door and walked in.

"Alright, everyone, we need to have a meeting." He said in a loud voice, catching everyone's attention.

"Did something happen?" Mona asked in a concerned voice.

Oh, oh, Mona. I was so busy focused on Jamison being overprotective that I forgot about the freaking Queen of overprotective herself. Mona would not be able to remain calm about all of this. This is something that would not only anger her but cause her actually to go and attack the guy first.

"Yes, something happened," Jamison said, walking towards the living room and sitting. He scoffed and started telling everyone everything; from the moment he started the story to the moment he finished it, everyone's facial expression remained the same.

The look of anger was an understatement; it was far from anger, but for the first time in my life, I felt like I had a group of people behind me.

And all of them looked like they were going to go batshit crazy, especially Mona.

"Okay, so he can just die today then," Mona said, walking towards the front door.

"We can't just kill him," I said, stopping her.

"Yes, we can. If he can kill innocent people, we can get rid of him. No regrets, we will be doing the world a favor. He does not deserve to be alive, he does not deserve to be breathing like everyone else." Mona said in a stern voice.

I didn't disagree with any of the things she was saying; I agreed with what she was saying, but he needed to be alive to not only pay for all the crimes he committed but also to be exposed for the crimes, the people who helped him needed to be exposed to.

We can't do that; we can't have him pay for his crimes in this world if he's dead; he needed to be exposed for everything that has to do with him, and so do his comrades.

I knew Mona was feeling many emotions right now; I knew she was angry, but I needed her to remain calm for many reasons.

Mona is not someone we want out there when angry; we need her to remain calm because she can be disruptive whenever she's furious.