CH. 43 Closure

CH. 43  Closure

(Rosemary POV)

We were working in the morgue; I was going in and out of my lab, making sure that the DNA matched for the women that were found in the system.

It's been three days that my team, Jamison, and I have been working nonstop. We were all working hard to get through as many bodies as we could.

There was no rush, that's why I had everyone in my team on deck.

Every single detail will be recorded; every single evidence on each victim will be registered. Nothing will be missed at all what so ever. Each time a team member finished a victim's dead body, I would have them call me over so I could check to see the work they've done, asked them questions, and make sure everything is covered.

Every single inch will and has been covered on each victim.

I didn't get the title that I have today from nothing.

I worked hard for my title, and I made sure that the people who came to learn from me work hard as they continue learning from me.

I don't teach people things I wouldn't want to learn myself.

Jamison has been working with me closely; after all, he is my assistant who just happens to be my boyfriend.

My very first boyfriend.

I like the fact that when it came down to it, Jamison focused on the work we were doing. He was doing a fantastic job at helping me perform each autopsy, and I wanted to discuss with him later about actually going to school for this.

While he was helping me, I saw this was something that he wanted to do.

The focus he had, it was like he saw what I saw.

I had another person who understood the reason I did what I did.

I was happy; wait, did I just say I was happy?

"She was our last one," Jamison said as we finished.

I nodded my head.

"Yes, she was, she's been identified as well," I said, marking her name on the tag.

"The families will come to start identifying them tomorrow," Jamison said, his tone was a sad one compared to my emotionless one.

I was okay with that because the truth was. This was very sad, just because my tone sounded emotionless doesn't mean I was.

Jamison was someone who showed my emotions for him and me.

"I'm glad we made them look-" Jamison started to say, he looked like he was trying to figure out what he was trying to say in his sentence.

"Like they're sleeping, compared to how they looked before," I said.

He nodded his head, looking at me.

"Yes, they look peaceful." He said.

"You're right, they do. Their families need to see them this way." I said.

"Even though they didn't die peacefully, their families sending them off needs to see them in a peaceful image," I said, and Jamison nodded his head.

"Let's put her in the cube," I said.

We place her in the freezer cube, and closed the door.

"Your team is amazing," Jamison said.

I gave him a soft smile.