CH: 78 I hate people like you

(Jamison POV)

I'm not too fond of many things in the world; many things bother me, and one thing that will always bother me, no matter what are people who abuse other people. Especially children.

It was obvious to me, and I'm sure the responding officer noticed that too.

That fucking man gave no shit that his wife was dead and his son was injured.

He was looking for something, which was why he was still around the accident scene.

What was he looking for? Did he cause this accident to happen? The anger made its way through my body.

He had something to do with this accident and is looking for something. I don't know what he wants, but we can't let him find it.

Rosemary's team arrived, eager and alert, as they listened to Rosemary's instructions.

They weren't the only ones who arrived either; I noticed agent Rodriguez and agent Brown approaching me.

I greeted them with a nod.

"What's going on, Jamison?" Agent Brown asked, looking around the scene of the accident.

I filled him and agent Rodriguez in with some details, and the responding officer also told his part. He stared at the agents nervously as he did. What surprised me was that agent Rodriguez smiled as if trying to ease the officer.

Look at that; he has a nice side, after all.

"He sounds weird." Agent Rodriguez said.

"He is; he didn't care about his kid at all; he was more focused on the accident scene than the well-being of his child," I said.

Rodriguez shook his head. "Not caring about your kid's well-being but staying at the car accident scene instead is a red flag." He said.

"Weren't you two supposed to be at the hospital where the boy was being taken to?" I asked them.

"We're planning on heading there after leaving here, don't worry. We have another agent there; she's easier with kids than us. They open up to her more." Agent Brown said.

"She will update us until we arrive; we wanted to analyze the car accident scene and see if anything stands out, especially with everything you and officer Nelson mentioned. This guy sounds suspicious." Agent Rodriguez said.

"There were bruises on both of them, the mother and son. It wasn't bruising from the accident. They weren't fresh bruises." Officer Nelson said, a cold tone to his voice.

"With how he was behaving, it wouldn't be a surprise if he were abusive to both his wife and son," I said, already knowing that the prick was but still saying that would help push the agents in the right direction.

"This car model is a perfect family car." Agent Brown said.

"These cars are always called in, not because of any issues but because they are continuously updated with advanced features to live up to their name of perfect family cars." Agent Rodriguez said.

"I was thinking the same thing; it's rare for them to be in accidents like this, especially because she had the latest model," I said, looking at the car.

"I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing." Officer Nelson said.

"Yeah. We're going to go check on the kid; we'll go talk to Rosemary first."

Agent Brown said as he and Agent Rodgeriuz walked towards Rosemary.

"Is there anything else that was strange about him?" I asked Officer Nelson.