CH: 73 I don't know how to explain it

(Rosemary POV)

I knew that something was bothering Jamison. It was all over his face, and I knew he wanted to ask me probably many questions with whatever was running through his mind.

Whatever is running through his mind is something I will have to work hard to set at ease, to have him not worry about it and not let it get to him.

The last thing I need is to have him worried or concerned about anything, especially if it is something that is out of control.

Something that he wouldn't be able to change or have a say in, but something tells me that.

This might fall along the lines of something that might be out of his control.

"Jamison?" I said, calling out his name.

He looked as if he was in deep thoughts.

"I just don't understand this cross-over thing," Jamison said.

I nodded my head, understanding what he meant about that.

"It's not easy to understand, but would you believe me if I told you that you've done it before?" I asked him.

"What?" Jamison asked with a confused look.

"What do you mean I've done it before?" He asked; the curiosity tone was right there in his voice.

"When I first saw you, remember how I told you I was keeping tabs on you for a very long time. The first time I saw you, you helped an old lady. Remember the old lady who ended up being a ghost? What you didn't know is that you also helped her cross over. So you've done it before. You didn't know you have." I said to Jamison, whose eyes widened.

"What, no. That's impossible." He said, shaking his head.

"Jamison, you see, dead people. You have been communicating with ghosts, and now you live with me. Sweetheart, impossible has gone out the window a long time ago." I said to him.

He stood there and didn't say anything for a few seconds, then sighed.

"Tell me what it is," I said to him.

"What's what?" He asked.

"What's bothering you," I said, hoping that he would tell me the reason why he had this question in the first place.

"I don't believe in the afterlife. So when it was mentioned that the boys crossed over, the other victims of that monster. I was worried. What did they cross over to? Are they okay? What will happen to them? Those were questions running through my head when that whole conversation was being had and previous conversations too." Jamison said.

"I understand, trust me. I mean, it's not like I believe in the afterlife one hundred percent." I said, causing Jamison to look shocked.

I let out a small laugh.

"What? I've never seen or experienced it, so I can't say I truly believe in it. I have seen ghosts, demons, and other things, so I believe in those, and because of that, I can say there have to be more things going on that maybe I have not been able to see yet." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Just like there are people out there who cannot see ghosts or anything that we can see, they're there. Maybe it could be the same thing for this crossing-over thing. All I know is that the ghosts crossing over always look peaceful whenever it's happening positively." I said, recalling some of the past experiences I've had seeing it happen.

"What do you mean whenever it happens positively?It Is there a time that it hasn't?" Jamison asked.

I nodded my head.