CH. 52 The Test

CH. 52 The Test

(Jamison POV)

Mona walked back with Rosemary and Red; the two looked confused, but while they were confused. We were wondering if what Mona was talking about earlier with us would work.

I look at Rosemary; her stare was already looking at me. She was searching my face, for what? I had no idea. Maybe she wanted to know if I knew what Mona would do, or perhaps it was something else.

I was starting to understand Rosemary a little more; even being around her, I pick up on things that help me know what's going on in that mind of hers. Rosemary's reason is something that I feel like anyone could get lost in, just anyone. I am positive that even if she's not careful herself. That she would get lost in it as well.

"What are you going to test out, Mona?" Rosemary asked.

Kendell, from standing next to me, started glowing.

We learned earlier that Kendell could enter someone's mind; it was cool but yet creepy at the same time.

Kendell glowing, on the other hand, was something that Rosemary and Red weren't expecting.

"What is he doing?" Rosemary asked, and her eyes widened.

"Kendell, get out of my mind." She said.

"Rosie. Relax, I told Kendell what to do, okay? I want to see if he's able to do it." Mona said.

Red looked at Mona, then to Kendell.

"Kendell...." Rosemary said. Her voice was stern.

She was not happy about this.

I turned to look at Mona.

"Maybe, you should tell Kendell to stop; Rosemary isn't up for this," I said to Mona.

"I know she isn't, but she knew that this was coming. Rosemary is a smart woman. I raised her; she is healthy. She might even be stronger than me; she knew sooner or later I would ask Kendell to do this just to see if she could-" Mona stopped talking, my eyes widened when I realize that we were no longer in the living room.

"Uh, where the hell are we?" Hailey asked.

"We are all in Rosemary's mind now," Mona said.

Kendell was right next to me, my eyes widened.

"Did he?" I asked Mona.

"No, Kendell didn't bring us in here. Rosemary did." Mona said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because she knew that I would ask Kendell what he saw in her mind and what he was able to do, so instead of having Kendell explained it-" Mona started to say but didn't finish her sentence as Rosemary spoke.

"I brought you all in; I honestly feel sabotage," Rosemary said, looking at Mona.

"Do you?" Mona asked her.

There was concern that crossed Mona's face.

"A little, I understand why you did it, and I knew it was coming, but I still would have liked to be asked," Rosemary said.

"I understand. I'm sorry, sweetheart." Mona said.

Her tone showed that she was; Rosemary tilted her head and nodded.

"I understand. I would have done the same thing too." Rosemary told Mona.

"What is this place?" I asked.