CH: 72 What they wanted

CH: 73 What they wanted

(Jamison POV)

Knowing that the boys wanted their parents to believe they'd moved on was something that made my heartache.

These two young boys had to gather strength to help their parents to be able to have closure and move on.

They've gone through so much at such a young age.

Kids shouldn't have to go through such horrible things like this; they're supposed to have no worry and no stress in their lives.

Yet, these kids will never be able to live as kids; they're trapped forever in the age they died in and will always have memories of what happened.

I wonder if they will be able live with it. Well, I guess I wouldn't call it living with it. Since they're... I don't even know what to say or do with this situation.

This is all messy, and there's so much I want to do for these kids. I want to be able to be there for them. They've lost their families, and now the only people they have is us; we're the ones who know what happened to them and their story. We are the ones who are going to care about them to make sure no harm comes to them again.

"Are we heading home?" I asked Rosemary, we were still in the car, and from the looks of it, she wasn't bringing us back to the lab.

"Yes, Mona is there with the boys." She said; her tone of voice was different from usual, it didn't sound like her normal self, and it didn't sound like her usual cold self either.

I was going to ask her how she knew that, but something told me that she wasn't really in the mood.

I wonder all the time what goes through Rosemary's mind. When we got closer to each other, I felt like maybe I would be able to tell everything that she thought after we got closer.

Yet, I was wrong, and I don't want to feel bothered about it, but part of me feels like would I ever be able to read her?

I didn't want to get involved in her world, and I just thought that the world I lived in before would be my world. That this was it for me, I didn't believe I would meet someone and others after that person who would make a difference in my life.

When you grow up the way I did, you don't pay too much attention to the meaning of your life; you don't think your life has a purpose. You try to live and do whatever you can to get through the days. You get involved with people you have no reason to be involved with because you see no other purpose in your life.

That's what I thought, and I knew the group of people I was with were troubled people; I knew some would betray me and set me up. Yet I still hung out with them. I still got myself in trouble because of them. Why? Because I felt like this was just the way it would be, I was nothing else but that.

Yet, meeting Rosemary gave me something. It gave me a passion. It gave me a purpose.

I have a purpose now, to help people, to help souls, and to at least be able to give people closure. That is something I never thought I would be able to do, but now that I can do it. I want to be able to help as much as I can.

I want to continue to be a part of this. I feel like now, my life has a purpose. I have the sense now of making a difference, not just in people's lives but in the lives that have passed.

"We're here," Rosemary said, parking in front of the house.

"We'll have to meet in the house and speak to the boys. A meeting is needed. Mona is in there with them. I want to speak to them about the choices they have." Rosemary said, getting out of the car.