CH. 29 Let it begin

CH. 29 Let it begin

(Rosemary POV)

I was in the lab, working on one of the bodies that were found in the murderer's hidden graveyard.

Jamison was next to me, I had been with him all day, yesterday was the day we told Macy about her sister.

It saddened me that we had to tell her about her sister's death. Of course, I've come to care for Macy and Hailey. They grew on me, they didn't deserve what happened to them.

None of these women did.

I looked at the woman that I was performing the autopsy on, I let out a sigh.

Jamison was next to me. The recording was on.

"Female, white. Blonde hair, blue eyes." I said looking at her eyes that had no life to it. "Appromaxily thirty years old," I said staring at her.

I continued examing her, taking residue from under her fingernails. She fought back, I saw the bruises that were on her skin, took my camera and took pictures of those. They resembled other bruises that were found on the other victims.

I continued collecting evidence from the body, my eyes widened at something I found.

I stared at the new information I have come to obtained, I spoke in a strained voice.

"Female seems to have given birth, the victim was a mother," I said. I noticed that Jamison's eyes widened as he looked at me and then looked towards the corpse on my lab table.

"She's a mother." He said in a soft voice.

I was going to correct him and say that the correct sentence would be, that she was a mother but the look on Jamison's face made me held my tongue.

"Yes," I said instead, looking at the woman who lost her life on the lab table.

I paused my recording.

"That information can help find out who she is, a sketch artist will be coming in to sketch all the victims," I said, Jamison, turned to look at me.

"I can sketch them." He said.

My eyes widened.

"You can draw?" I asked him, he nodded his head.

"Yes. I'll sketch all of them and make sure they look exactly like their sketches so their families are able to recognize them." Jamison said.

"Well, adding more information from what we found while examining the victim's bodies will help. So grab a notebook. This victim is a mother and seems to have given birth twice." I said looking at the body.

"All these women are someones love one," Jamison said, looking at the other bodies that were on the lab tables that were being worked on by my employees.

"Yes, that is correct," I said.

"How do you do this?" Jamison asked me in a low voice.

I tilted my head to the side, letting the question settled in.

"Because someone has to, someone has to get answers for them. Especially when they're unable to get answers for themselves. I do it because all things that were dead, were once living. The living were cared for, so why shouldn't the dead be cared for also. All things go, but they also leave something behind. I do it for the dead, I do it for the living and I do it for what they left behind." I said. I watched as Jamison's eyes widened looking at me.

"What you're feeling right now Jamison, is what I feel every single time I work on a body," I said, in a serious tone.

"I may not show it, but I feel it and it motivates me to work harder to solve their cases, to find out how they died and how their very last fight took place," I said. I turned to look at the corpse we were working on.