Chapter 5: Hell

A month later!

****************

I was a mess.

I laid in bed.

.. I felt dead I didn't even brush my hair... Nothing.

At some point my phone stopped ringing, probably the battery died.

I would barely eat...

My father never spoke to me again even though I tried he started to ignore me and he started working even more.

Ana and Marisa left off to somewhere.

Everyone was grieving in their own way.

I couldn't believe a month had passed by. The pain wouldn't even budge, everyday it was worse.

I looked up at the ceiling.

Just then I heard a knock.

Someone wouldn't stop knocking.

I got up and very slowly I reached the front door.

Knock...knock... Knock.

I sighed and opened the door.

A man in his late 60's was standing at the door he stared at me in horror.

" Miss are you okay?" He asked with a gag.

" What do you want sir?" I asked in a dead tone. I didn't have time for his pity.

I saw him flinch.

"Well, I was told by my superior to hand over a pink dirt motorcycle and Mr. Edward's belongings to his family... So, is a Mrs. Monroe around here?" He asked.

I gulped, I didn't notice my hands shaking.

They wouldn't investigate anymore...

That's why they were handing over everything back.

I couldn't help it and feel weight in my heart.
"Uh miss?"

I looked at him. " I... I'm Miss Monroe, I'm his family member. " I said in a whisper.

I saw the man look down. He handed over a clipboard. Before he could say anything, I beat him to it.

" Do you think you can take his belongings somewhere else?" I asked hopeful, I couldn't think of how dad would take it if he saw his belongings and surely not the motorcycle...

" Yes, mam just give me the address and sign here" He pointed to a line on a clipboard.

I took the clipboard and wrote Oliver's address on a piece of paper and signed...

I gave him the clipboard and he tore a paper and handed it to me. I took it while he read the address I had given him.

" It's not far I will take Mr. Edward's belongings over there, today "The man said with a weak smile.

" I'm sorry for bothering you with this. " I whispered while looking down at the paper I held in my hands.

" Don't worry Mrs. It's my last day, I'm retiring... so it be an honor " He said while I kept looking down trying not to cry...

" Thank you, Mr... uh" I said.

" Call me Rob " He said.

I raised my face, smiled weakly and nodded. We shook hands and then there was silence.

" So, uh Who should I give this to?" He asked.

" Uh yeah um... His name is Oliver tell him I sent it. " I said in hollow voice.