Chapter 90: Merging

My mouth was hanging open a bit.

"You're giving me your company, this is to much." I whispered in desbelief.

Alisson's and Giovanni's eyes popped wide. Ariana looked shocked.

"I would call it merging to be exact!" Ryan chirped.

I raised an eyebrow. "You're giving me everything. How is that merging?" I asked shocked.

Ryan smiled. "Listen Scarlett what you did for my nephews was worth alot. I'm only paying my debt."

"But with giving me a few contracts would of been enough." I said.

I scratched my cheek. Enemies?

"Listen Scarlett I'm sure you know my company is in debt. I had a failure on a deal and. I'm sure it's no secret I asked your ex-husband for money!" Ryan explained..

Yes, I know. I nodded. "I thought Nathaniel would have been like you, a good person but I was wrong."

I leaned on my chair. "I feel humillated, the way he made public how I had begged him to give me money. I have worked so hard to pay up, look at me!" Ryan raised his voice.

I did. I saw his face, he looked like he hadn't slept. He looked older and more worned out.

"Nathaniel did this to me! I kept asking him to give me time to pay up, but instead he raised the interests. He treated me like a puppet."

Ryan took a breath.

"I ended up paying him by asking the banks for money." Ryan explained.

I folded my hands on the desk. Ryan looked at me in the eye.

"You want revenge?" I asked astonished. I realized that in fact this could make Nathaniel squirm in anger. He would fail in making me run to him. The thought was like heaven to me.

Ryan nodded. "I knew I was in debt with you, I knew that what you pulled out with your grandfather helped you win tons of money... so I thought, she has money but no deals and I don't have money but I do have deals, the hell with this, I'll pay up! "

I looked down at the papers again. I cracked a smile.

Ryan was doing something big for me!

I looked up!" Alright I understand. I have your deals and contracts now. Tell me the situation the company is in. "I ordered.

Ryan sighed.

"I almost did the same thing you did, I fired half of my employees, board members included and I paid Nathaniel half of what I owed him so he wouldn't seize my company and take my contracts. Then I asked the banks for a loan and paid Nathaniel the rest but now I owe the banks. I have some shipments going on right now and some are supposed to start next month. " Ryan said nervously.

I thought everything through. I think he doesn't have money to pull them through.

"You still owe money? " I asked for confirmation.

Ryan nodded sadly..."I was thinking that maybe we could let the bank take over the building!" Ryan scratched his forehead.

I stared at Ryan. Million of things were going through my head.

"How much money do you owe?" I asked.

Ryan hesitated but eventually told me. As soon as he told me I opened my laptop.

I never checked how much money I had won... I entered my bank account. My eyes popped wide. I stared at the huge amount of money I had... I saw billions and billions of zeros. I covered my mouth with one hand. I opened the drawer of my desk and took out my bank checks...

I grabbed a pen and looked at Ryan.

"A check or in cash?" I asked.

Ryan's eyes lit up

"Really?" Ryan asked in shock.

I nodded and waited for his answer.

He hesitated..
"Ch-Check" Ryan stammered. I wrote the check...

I gave Ryan the check. He looked at it like if it were his lifeline.

"Ryan when you said we were going to be working together did you mean you were going to ask me for a job?" I asked bewildered.

Ryan smiled sheepishly. "How does being part of my board member's sound?" I asked.

Ryan's worned out face faded. "I would love it, my CV is inside the folder!" Ryan informed.

I rolled my eyes.

I looked at the folder again to see the list of all the contracts. And below that, in fact was Ryan's CV.

"Giovanni go with Ryan to help him pay the banks." I ordered.

Giovanni smiled. Ryan stood up looking much better.

"Thank you Scarlett for not letting my family's building get lost..."

I nodded. "How's Toby and Eric?" I asked. Ryan smiled. "They are in Rome, doing school they don't know about any of this..." Ryan whispered...

I nodded. "Oh and Ryan after that bring everything from your company to mine!" I ordered.

"Yes!" Ryan said.

"Get going then!" I said. With that Giovanni and Santiago walked out.
I looked up at the ceiling. Thank you God. Thank you so much... Once the shipments started I would have Hayden with me...

Everyone and I looked relieved and happy. I knew they were waiting for instructions.

"Ariana call more security to get rid of the media!" She nodded and ran out

I stood up. There's so much to do now. But first, I remembered my idea from when I asked Queen for Oliver's and my mom's videos. I leaned on my laptop and entered my e-mail.

"Alisson there's something I want you to design for me."

************************************
May 2, 2027
************************************
A month had gone by...

I was in Oliver's room staring out the window. I had the owner of the hospital give me the best view of New york. Oliver hadn't woken up yet.

I kept staring out the window. Thinking about how I had changed so much these last two years.

Last month had been wild. After Ryan and Giovanni came back we went straight to work. To say I have been sleeping 3 hours would be a lie. I became much colder and quiet around everyone.

I had to push Killian away again. My feelings around him were growing and I couldn't let that happen. I went back to my old thoughts..ñ I could only worry about Hayden and Oliver. Having to many people that someone could threaten you with, was just to much.

I pushed everyone away. Connor and them never tried talking to me again. I was glad about it cause they only caused me to think about plans to murder them.

I feared I would pull one through...

We also managed to hide from the media that Ryan had merged his company with mine. I only came out of the company to visit Oliver. So the media was crazy, about talking to me.

Nathaniel and all the other CEO's had asked for a readjustment in their position and that would take place next week.

Oh Nathaniel.

I couldn't wait till Nathaniel found out about this. I could just imagine the look of surprise and shock on his face. And I knew that would be happening today. Ryan and I had managed to have the shipments get released today. That's what I was looking at. The trailers...

I wish Oliver could see this. The surprise I had for him.

After today I would hear more about Nathaniel.

I kept looking out the window. I wasn't sure of my feelings anymore...