Chapter 33:Work

Scarlett's POV

I woke up feeling hot. I found myself breathing on Nathaniel's neck. Soon all the events came running back to me. I looked up at Nathaniel and he was sleeping with light snores. I touched his head and he seemed to be back to normal.

I smiled.

I got to let him rest and go back to Eric, I thought. I unwrapped his hands from my waist and without waking him up I got up. I started changing back to my clothes. I looked at him again to see him sleep.

I was sure he needed the rest. I turned the doorknob and I walked down to the kitchen. To my surprise the boys and Liam were there.

They turned to look at me and Liam looked down...

I must apologize for what I had done accidently. " How is he?" Toby asked. "He isn't cold anymore and he's resting." I said. The concern in their eyes left. " I'm glad!" Eric said sincerely.

I winked and walked to the fridge and pulled out the hidden chocolate cake. I saw Tobias eyes devour the cake. I smiled, and Liam looked at me with an expression I couldnt understand. I reached for a candle and I placed the cake in front of Eric, I turned the candle on and then start singing happy birthday for him, soon Liam and Toby join.

" I'm sorry Eric it's not how I planned the day to be but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Eric's lip quivered, and a few tears come out.

He got up and hugged me. I hugged back tightly. " It's the best for me, I've never had a cake." He sniffed.

I hugged tighter. I did... When Edward was still alive... I coughed, stopping any tears from ever showing. " Make a wish, I want to eat it! " Toby pouted.

" Who said I share?" Eric said. Toby glared. We laughed. Eric let go and looked at me with watery eyes.

" Thank you so much! " I nodded with a smile. He then turned towards the cake and closed his eyes and blew the candle out. I reached for the plates and started heating up the rice pudding. Eric started cutting and gave everyone a piece of cake.

I stood next to Liam, while the boys sat across from us. Liam gave out a soft moan and so did the boys when they ate the cake.

I chuckled.

" You exaggerate!" I said.

" No, we don't. Your cooking is really good."

I turned to Liam and smiled.

" Well then thank you!"

He looked at my lips and smiled and started eating his cake, again.

I turned to give them rice pudding.

" Can you make me a cake when my birthday comes up?" Toby asked, giving me puppy eyes.

We chuckled.

" It be a pleasure! " I smiled at him.

After we were done the boys went to the living room and turned the Tv on.

" You're a good person." Liam whispered.

I turned to look at him.

" And you're a great friend, staying to wait until your best friend gets better."

" I'm secretly in love with him so watch out!" Liam mocked.

I rolled my eyes then I playfully narrowed my eyes.

He laughed.

"So, Liam aren't you married or something?"

" No, I just like getting laid and all."