Chapter 32: Hypothermia

Scarlett's POV

I woke up to see Liam and Nathaniel whispering to each other.

" You're whipped just admit it! "

" What if she didn't cheat on you, she can't even cheat on you when you have nothing serious going on. " Liam hissed.

Who cheated on who? I let out an involuntarily yawn and I took a sitting position. Nathaniel and Liam are looking at me weirdly.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned again.

" I want a teddy bear." I mumbled.

Liam snorted.

Nathaniel gave me a sideways smile.

I yawned again feeling tired.

I blinked a few times, I felt numb.

" She woke up!" Nathaniel announced.

I rolled my eyes.

" What time is it?" My voice came out hoarse.

" 6:00 pm." Liam answered.

I looked down at my hands and started counting.

I slept to long...

Eric and Toby, my mind yells.

" My babies. " I yelled.

My eyes snapped opened and I ran to grab the plates and I rushed out the door.

Liam threw me a confused look.

I walked fast, to the elevator after I got in I pressed the button to go down.
Once I got out, the driver opened the door and drove me home.

I hurried inside and looked for Toby and Eric. It didn't take a genius to know where they were.. I found them in the kitchen...Where something smelled like burned up.

I looked at the kitchen and it was a huge mess.

Toby and Eric turned towards me, with guilty expressions. The type of expression a five-year-old gives you when he's caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

I chuckled.

" I'm sorry, I fell asleep. "

" Sure. " Eric mumbled.

Toby chuckled, and Eric mumbled a sorry.

I chuckled as well.

I left my bag on the counter and began cleaning. The boys helped, after that I started preparing some hot-dogs.

The boys started praying and I found myself folding my hands as well.

Soon we began eating.

I looked at the clock 8 pm.

I yawned and left some hot-dogs for Nathaniel.

After that I went to bed and I fell asleep but to my luck I woke up with another nightmare.

Noo.

I looked into the dark, breathing hard and shaking in fear.

I turned the light on and grabbed the pills.... I hesitated on drinking them, but I still swallowed two, I won't be able to sleep if I don't, I told myself.

After an hour, sleep didn't come so I start pacing around the room; frustrated.... I needed sleep, I needed it.... The nightmare started invading my head, so I hurried into swallowing another pill.

After that, I fell deeply into sleep. Much better...

The following morning, I repeated what I did yesterday, I got up and found the hot-dogs gone.