Chapter 76: Marry me!

Scarlett's POV

************************************

25 of January, 2027

************************************

I woke up from the bed that was next to Hayden..

I stared at his sleeping face.

I turned to look at the clock 4 am. I gotta do breakfast so the children can go to school.

I sighed, got up and grabbed clothes that Cynthia brought me. I tiptoed to the bathroom.

I stripped and got into the cold water. I got used to it.

This month has been a very happy one for me... Hayden is everything to me.

I adored him.

He's been very quiet so I have to be the talkative one.

He pretty much knows a lot about me thanks to what I screamed at father John.

How embarrassing.

So he did ask a few questions about it. So I decided that I would stick to the truth. I told him I was a street racer, he knew my mom was dead, he knew his father was dead and thank God he never asked if I had more family.

I wouldn't know how to tell him Ana, Marisa and my father were sort of evil.

He also knew I had been married but because of our differences we couldn't be together. He lost the interest after he knew I was divorced.

He still didn't know I killed his brother, he doesn't know I was in the hospital and he doesn't know about the company burning down.

He hasn't asked but if he does I don't plan on hiding things.

I've learned my lesson.

I shut the water and dried myself with a towel.

I dressed up quickly in jeans, shoes and a long sleeved shirt. I brushed my hair and held it in a ponytail.

Giovanni might show up any moment, I feared that.

I walked to the kitchen and started cooking omelets.

Once I was finished I went to wake Hayden up but like always he was already up.

Dressed and ready to go.

"Breakfast is ready." I said.

He nodded, grabbed his backpack and went to the kitchen.

I groaned. Hayden had been more quiet than usual.

I walked to the kitchen to see everyone seated. I started serving everyone and held out juice to them.

I took a seat next to Hayden and we began eating. He always waited for me.

"Hayden do you like me?" I asked after a while.

Hayden looked up at me.

"Time for school!" Cynthia called out.

Hayden grabbed his things and left.

I placed my head on the table defeated. I felt someone sit in front of me.

"Give him time." Cynthia said.

I looked back up, to meet Cynthia's gaze.

"I know, it's just that he knows me more than I know him." I said.

"And he doesn't ask me much questions, when I talk to him about me." I complained.

Isn't he curious on knowing me?