Chapter 11: Rubbish.

Scarlett's POV

I entered Donni's bar and went straight to a stool next to the bartender he had a lot of people around him.

I was watching him work, shaking drinks; maybe I could get a job like him one day...

The bartender finished serving the others and faced me and asked me what I wanted.

"Give me a double on tequila shots. " I answered.

He nodded and after a minute he placed them in front of me. I drank them. " UGH."

" You don't drink much right?" The bartender said.

I looked at his name tag... Michael.

" What gave it away? " I asked. I laughed internally, he seriously thought I was a beginner?

He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm.

He was about to reply but then he started to get surrounded again and he had to go back to work again so I drank my other shot. I stared at him in awe at his work...

I sighed.

What was I gonna do about my marriage?

I was still in shock.

But then again being away from my family didn't sound so bad.

Why are you still thinking about it? My conscience asked...

I sighed heavily.

" Another drink?" The bartender asked.

I grinned. " Yeah, I guess, give me some more of this tequila." I said.

Michael placed them in front of me and turned to a girl next to me.

Did you bring money? My conscience asked, again.

Shoot, I didn't... How was I gonna pay?

I shrugged at myself, I'll find a way.

I drank my shots and asked for more.

After 15 shots my stomach burned but they now tasted like water. I needed something stronger.

I won't race anymore, my brain reminded me.

I could still think straight. Not good.

"Michael do you have something stronger?" I asked.

He looked at me and turned around. I looked at where he was looking, and I saw a lot of bottles. I don't think they were all tequila. I felt stupid for asking him that when it was obvious he did have something stronger.

" Yeah um... Sorry. Just give me something. " I said.

He smiled, and his dimples showed.

I then had a cup in front of me. I didn't know what it was, but I drank.

I saw Michael keep serving and I sipped.

" What's a pretty lady like you doing here? " A guy asked.

I got annoyed instantly! Right now, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

" What does it look like I'm doing?" I asked.

" Wow!! Why the tone with me honey, who broke your heart?" He asked again.

" I don't even think I have a heart. " I answered.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

" Michael can you give me another one?" I asked. Trying to ignore the guy.