Chapter 104: Nathaniel's lost chapter IV

Nathaniel's POV

I stared out to the window... Scarlett and I weren't married anymore...
I felt everything but happy wasn't one of those feelings.

I tried cheering myself up by telling myself that I would still see her for business and competitions. Except my mind would keep telling me, it wouldn't be the same.

All the events for today kept running in my head. Scarlett had been on birth pill.

Had she really been a gold digger?

The answer was no. She hadn't been one. Whoever had called me and given me the recorded message; had twisted Scarlett's words.

I should've asked her first... My heart tightened. That wouldn't have changed, the fact that she had been ghost, a street racer. It wouldn't have changed the fact that she had destroyed my shipments.... How could I know it hadn't been her doings?

I sat down on my chair and grabbed my head with my hands.
After a moment I heard a knock.

I hesitated before standing up and opening up.

Liam.

He gave me a small smile.. I sighed and went to sit on my chair. He stared at me. This was turning awkward.

"Why did you look so guilty today?" I asked remembering his attitude.

He sat down in front of me and looked down in shame.

"Scarlett had me investigate Analise Kingsley. I had to much work so I had a friend do it for me. I didn't check what he found and I gave it to Scarlett when she was at the hospital..."

I now understood. I couldn't help and be angry at Liam..

"She found out about her mom." I whispered and swallowed.

Liam nodded.

"I'm sure she found out right after Connor gave her the divorce papers."

I frowned. Suddenly I felt anger. I stood up and I walked angrily towards Connor's office.

Liam called out to me, I eventually ignored him. I saw Connor and I grabbed him by the collar, confusion flickered on his face.

"How could you give Scarlett the divorce papers while she was at the hospital?" I snapped.

Connor pushed me, he was suddenly angry as well.

"You were the one hurrying me up."

I gritted my teeth and Liam held me. I wanted to punch both of them, badly. They hurt Scarlett.. No wonder she looked broken today..

How hypocrite, wasn't I?

"Not while she's in a hospital bed recovering. " I yelled.

Connor shooked his head.

"Her step mother told me she was ready, she told me Scarlett wanted to see me."

I swallowed. Always Ana.

I gave a sour laugh and pushed Liam.

"You believed her?" I asked angrily.

I saw Connor's face turn from anger to shame and guilt.

He nodded.

I swallowed and rubbed my eyes.

"Did Scarlett see my doings in Las Vegas?" I asked in a whisper.

It was Connor's turn to give a sour laugh.

"Ana was with her. I bet you know Ana wasn't exactly comforting her. After today, after Scarlett broke down... I'm sure Ana had to do with it." Connor said..