Chapter 48: Bye's

Nathaniel's POV

"Did you rape me?" Scarlett asked with watery eyes.

I met her eyes.

" I..."

Flashback:
I couldn't help but end up ripping Scarletts clothes in frustration, what was left of it...

I was fighting between anger and logic. I just wanted her to wake up, to tell me she was lieing.

She couldn't be a virgin she had to be playing with me.

She was 24, come on.. Who was going to believe that?

I ended up covering her with the sheets.

I started to acknowledge I was just sexually frustrated..

And I was starting to fall in love... Correction I am in love with Scarlett Monroe.

I was jealous that she didn't run and hug me like she did with Thomas and that hurt my ego... my pride.

I was a goner for her. She was different, she brought the worst in me.. She made me realize I could be harsher.

I realized I couldn't stand it when someone who was not me hurt her... Call me cocky or whatever but only I could hurt her..

I think love was not like this...

My problem was I didn't know how to act with what I was feeling..

I stared at her the sheets had left her thighs visible to me..

I swallowed. What the hell was I doing. Have I lost my mind?
I controlled myself and went to Scarlett's bathroom...

I placed cold water in my face but that wasn't helping not when I knew Scarlett was there on the bed and I had gone this low...

I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked at my reflection, horrified. I was still very angry and felt awful with myself. I went back to her after I had calmed down.
I stared at a hurt and sick Scarlett, I swallowed. No matter what sort of woman a girl is you never drop to this point.

End of Flashback

I saw Scarlett waiting in suspense for my answer.

Was she really a-?

I did feel sorry, how could I not. I had bruised her for being a jealous man..

I looked down regretting every bad thing I had done to her..

How I had pushed her away the day we danced and had been suspicious and getting these crazy ideas, without asking her first.

I also regretted getting her naked out frustration. I had been so close to rapin-...

I swallowed. I analyzed Scarlett, Scarlett was in panic and I could see it in her face she was trying to recall any soreness.

She was analysing her situation. My silence was killing her and I couldn't find the words to talk to her without feeling so low..

" I didn't take you... That way. " I whispered and looked down at the floor.

I looked back at her after a few seconds.

Her face showed relief.

Relief.. Pure relief.

She was a virgin her face said it all.

My wife was a virgin.

Nathaniel Pierce had married a virgin...

Then she frowned.