Chapter 115: Truth 2

Scarlett's POV June 21th, 2027
******************************

During the next few days things weren't as weird as I thought they would be, I took Hayden to school and my father picked him up and took him to my house to teach him violin and after I got there he would leave and we would do homework. Hayden had been awfully quiet and I was sure it had to due with my father leaving the house. What was I supposed to due?

As of Oliver he would go out when David arrived and go to his house.

I groaned. I hated the awkwardness but my father had deserved it. I couldn't stand him and -
Whatever.

I sighed heavily watching my finished work. During these days I had tried to call Nathaniel but I couldn't seem to do so. However, I knew that sooner or later I would have to, I needed to get the project running.

I grabbed my phone and without a second thought I found myself dailing Nathaniel. After a few rings I heard a pick up. I held my breath.

"Hello?" It was definitely Nathaniel's voice.

"Yeah it's me Scarlett!"

There was a moment of silence. "Scarlett! Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was just wondering if we could gather for the project."

"Sure, does today sound alright?" Nathaniel asked.

"Yes, can you meet me at my office?" I asked.

"Yes, I'll be there in a while!"Nathaniel whispered.

"Okay see ya!" And with that I hanged up. I knew the call had been awkward... I felt very awkward. After that I heard a knock on my door and Arianna walked in holding a folder and smiling.

"Gladuis sent you the deal signed. He sent you his apologies and he told me to tell you that he had to take an airplane for a vacation with his son!"

I couldn't help the smile that came to my lips. With this I would be CEO 1. The newspaper had spoken about me and did categorize me as someone who held an empire. I officially had an empire now. Arianna handed the deal and a small note.

I took it and read. "Once this reaches you your category should bumped up to number one!" I raised an eyebrow and I found myself turning the news on.

I smiled wider and saw the news speaking about me, I was officially number one, breaking history in the Monroe family! I felt proudness of myself and I felt my shoulders feel some ease. I had built the empire I had promised Edward and that would continue with Hayden. I heard squeaks around the office and people clapping. They must be watching.

I had also been categorized as best boss, they were making a report about the program my team and I had made for our employees with children. I made it, that was my only thought and I wanted to shed tears of proudness but I bit my lip to stop. I remembered my promise to god about helping the people that were with me when I went homeless and I knew my work was not finished, I had a promise to keep.

Before I could prepare ideas I was indulged in a group hug by my team. Giovanni, Arianna, Alisson, Parker, Christian, Jake, Cynthia and I saw Santiago stand near the door with a smile but it did not reach his eyes.

I was congratulated millions of times and I had to act like a boss to send everyone back to work, I guess I would have to do a party because of this. I also, thought of Santiago and realized he probably missed his company. I instantly found myself calling Giovanni back in the office as well as Santiago.

"Come in!" After there was a knock on the door.

I saw both Santiago and Giovanni come in.

"So I was thinking that you have to stop working for me Santiago-"