Chapter 102: Nathaniel's lost chapter II

Nathaniel's POV

As fast as my car could go I went straight to Las Vegas.... I turned my phone off and I decided I needed sometime alone... I should be jumping in joy that I got to keep the company but why couldn't I be happy?

I didn't want to admit it but I felt hurt, for Scarlett turning her back on me. She walked out on me.

I parked in front of a hotel and I slammed the door.

As I walked out my back bones cracked, I was so tired.

I booked a room in the first hotel I saw and went straight to it, to bed.

I spent about a week sleeping around another one playing my money and the third drinking and playing.

One more day in Las Vegas before I faced reality... I thought.

I felt homesick.

I swallowed, I missed her.

No, don't even think about her name, she planned on making me lose the company all this time... Yes, that's what she must of planned...

I couldn't take it and I went down to the hotel's bar... I started taking a few drinks.

Woman went and sat on my lap. Why the hell were they doing that? Why?

I kept pushing them off.

At some point I felt disgusted..

Why was I feeling like that?

I used to feel like the King for it.

I got more and more drinks till I felt to numb, to numb to think about my break up with Scarlett but that only let woman set on me, I started kissing them, but I couldn't find those cold lips I had fallen in love with.

Scarlett. Why a street racer?

Of all the things why a street racer?

Street racers only brought bad memories to me... I didn't want to think about it. It made my stomach do a twist, and the need to throw up brought me back to reality...

A woman was sitting with me on the stool.

I was sure the harsh scent of alcohol could be smelt on my person. I just knew it, and I was sure all the women I had kissed, while trying to find lips similar to Scarlett's; could smell it but then they were whores, looking for money and they didn't care. They could stand the revolting smell of me just for money.

Gold diggers.

I was a drunk as much as I could be but I still couldn't get Scarlett out of my head.

Those eyes, hair and body... Her... I wanted her... My heart tightened and I then started to feel disgusted because I had kissed other women...

Other women came and I had to keep pushing them off me and stand up to go to my room.

I was disgusted with me. I was disgusted I still cared about Scarlett, even in my most terrible state.

I was struggling to keep my balance.

The more I moved the dizzier I felt. It was like some sort of outer body experience. My legs didn't want to work as I told them. Neither did my hands. Or my fingers. Somewhere, deep inside me I knew my brain was sending signals telling them to work. My body ignored it, it wasn't listening. My brain and body were after all different stories. My body started doing as it pleased. I tried getting into the elevator, but my legs were telling me otherwise. They started swaying - left to right and right to left.