👑Chapter 21👑 Apologies

(Took this picture ^^ myself, thought I'd share it with y'all😊)

👑👑👑

Today was a tough one for me. It was hard ignoring Bryson all day. He tried talking to me but thankfully Aadila and Dylan were there to save me.

It was Monday…

I know, horrible.

I gripped the basketball tightly in my hand dribbling towards the net. Practice was over, So why was I still here in the sweaty, heated gym?

Because basketball was my life.

It's the sport that shaped me into the person I am today.

They could call me a freak, because I wore a hijab.

Or they could call me a terrorist because I was Muslim.

But they can never take basketball away from me. I wouldn't let them.

“Good job Madi” I heard Chase said walking into the gym looking sweaty.

Today the girls and guys basketball teams had a practice together, because coach was too busy tonight to have them speratly.

“Thanks” short and sweet.

He passed me the basketball and I shot it into the net swiftly.

He threw the ball back at me and I shot the ball once again.

“You know you should stop ignoring Bryson” Chase said throwing the ball at me again.

I laughed “I'm not ignoring him”

I shot the ball again.

“Ofcourse you're not” he said sarcasticly throwing the ball again towards me.

I caught it swiftly.

“Just talk to him, he gets angry at everyone for no reason at practices” he said.

“Whatever, that's not my probelm. He didn't value the rules I had for myself” I huffed remembering how he touched me.

The worst part was… I kinda… liked it.

No! Ugh! Astagfurillah  (I seek forgiveness from god)

“He's a little difficult-”

“A little?” I asked resting the ball on my hip.  “I think a lot”

“Okay a lot, but he's my best friend. It's weird you know? He doesn't hang out with girls. He only smashes-”

“Okay I get it Brysons a man whore” I said trying to get images out of my brain.

Chase laughed “What I was saying till you rudely interrupted me for the second time” Chase said glaring playfully at me

“Bryson only hangs with the clique, but then you came around, and he actually talks to a girl without ya know? Doing the other stuff” Chase said laughing.

“Wait he's never been friends with a girl before?” I asked.

“Well, does his mom count?” Chase asked.

I laughed.

“I'm telling you. Brysons a different person when he's with you” Chase said.

I couldn't help but look down and play with the rubber on the basketball.