👑Chapter 86👑 Final Decision

♡Chapter edited by the beautiful and talented duchessoftheclouds

👑👑👑

I wrote down the equation from the board. Looking down at the confusing numbers, I swore that Arabic was easier to figure out than this.

But I'd I couldn't solve a simple equation like this… how could I expect to plan my whole life out? How could I just leave everyone and move back to Toronto?

All my life I've wanted to be an adult. Here I am, wanting to make adult-like decisions, and yet I can't even find the answer to a simple math equation.

Was I overreacting? Maybe I just need to take a deep breath.

The classroom door opened as Bryson strutted inside with a blank stare. It reminded me of those first days of us meeting. Everyone looked down at their pages when Bryson’s eyes scanned the room.

He had this aura to him that couldn't be ignored. Everyone knows when Bryson Scott steps into the room. It gives you chills, the hair on your arms stand up. But for me it was different, whenever Bryson is near me, my body warms up.

Not in an uncomfortable way, more like when the cold wind is blowing around you as the sun comes out and shines down on you. That type of feeling. He was the only one that made me feel such a way.

His blue orbs made its way towards mine. The slightest twitch in his lips showed me that Bryson Scott did not just see me as everyone else.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Ruth, what's up?” Bryson asked, walking over to his desk.

“You're late, Mr. Scott.” Mr. Ruth, said taking his glasses off.

“I'm aware,” Bryson smirked at him.

“The year is almost over, Bryson, and you're still late to class everyday. Will you ever change?” Mr. Ruth asked.

“I think the real question that should be asked is, ‘who has the highest mark in the class’?” Bryson asked, leaning on the teachers desk.

“That's right,” Bryson answered, smiling. “Me.”

“Not to be cocky or anything, but if it wasn't for me, the calculus class average would be so low, you get me?”

“You're wrong, Bryson,” the teacher laughed.

“Oh really, which part?” He asked.

“You don't have highest mark in the class.” Mr. Ruth, said feeling accomplished with himself.

“You're joking,” Bryson laughed.

“Madina Omar has the highest mark in the class.” Mr. Ruth smiled, looking pretty smug.

Bryson stared at Mr. Ruth then his head turned to the left, slowly, towards me.

I rested my hand under my jaw as I smiled sweetly.

“You've got to be fucking kidding me,” he said, trying to hold his smile back.

“Language,” Mr. Ruth warned.

“Sorry,” he said, still staring at me.

“If it helps, Bryson, you're second highest.” Mr. Ruth consoled.

Bryson squinted his eyes as me as his tongue ran over his front teeth.

“Technically, I'm still first because, you see, Beads and I are one person.”