👑Chapter 23👑 Victory

The referees told me to stand in the middle of the court. I looked at the girl in front of me. She was the team captain of the other team.

I smiled at her and shook her hand. “Good luck” I said staring into her aqua blue eyes.

Her brown ponytail swayed. “I won't need luck” she said smiling but it could tell it was forced.

My smile fell from my lips and I rested my hand on my hip. “Really, you think so? Hmm I don't think you've seen us play sweetheart. Trust me you'll need luck” I said walking away.
My teammates smiled at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

“You're awesome” Avery said.

I looked down at my black and red jersey. Number 5 was in a black bold letter. On top was written; Centennial. On my back was big bold letters written; Omar.

“I guess I am” I said shrugging and she slapped my arm laughing.

We all huddled in a circle. And coach told us what kind of play we were gonna do.

“Remember girls, defense is gonna be tough. But I want you all to be tougher” coach said.

We all looked up at him and nodded.

“Any words captain?” Melissa asked. She was one of the girls on the team.

Cute, Filipina that took my breath away, when I met her.

“Listen girls” I started. “Don't get frustrated if you miss a shot. Always remember we're not perfect. And that team over there” I said pointing towards the other team. “They sure as hell aren't perfect. Lets kick some asses” I said.

The team cheered.

“Two hands in, cause we're serious” coach said putting his hands in the middle with fists.

We all did the same. Hands were filled in the middle of the circle.

“Devils on three!” I yelled.

The louder the better.

“1!”

“2!!”

“3!!,Centennial Devil's!!” we all cheered.

I clapped my hands and ran onto the court. Avery stood in the middle of the gym with the other team. She was the tallest on the team so it made sense for her to be grabbing the ball.

The referee threw the ball in the middle and Avery jumped higher than the other girl.

I sprinted onto the left side of the gym.

“Yo!” I yelled.

Avery looked at me and threw me the ball. I dribbled as the same girl that shook my hand stood in front of me.

I switched the ball into my left hand and ran towards the net. The girl's hand blocked my left hand by grabbing it.

The referee blew his whistle and called a foul. I sighed and got ready by the foul line to take two shots. The girl glared at me as I stood on the line.

What?

It's not my fault you grabbed my arm.

Stupid.

The referee blew his whistle and motioned his finger for two shots. He threw me the ball and my girls stood on the side of the lines ready for my shot.

I dribbled slowly and the gym quieted down as I dribbled the ball. I shot the ball and it went in with a ‘swish’ sound. The gym went crazy loud with cheering.