👑Chapter 89👑 White Lies

❤️Chapter edited by the lovely duchessoftheclouds ❤️

!!Please make sure to read the authors note!!

👑👑👑

It was that time of the year... well, that time of the school year.

That time of deadlines that were slowly creeping up. Not just any type of deadline. The big 'ole deadline that would cost you your future.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, everyone was submitting their offers for University or College. Some were accepting offers, while some were just submitting their applications.

Here I was stunned by everyone.

I, Madina Omar, was so sure what I wanted to do at the beginning of the school year. Now, here I am, staring at all these University offers like I didn't already have my mind made up before.

Reminiscing when I told my friends I wanted to go back to Canada. I told them I wanted to attend a University in Toronto. All that drama went on between us. Of course, they didn't want me to go, but when they realized it's all I had ever wanted, they were happy for me.

As usual, Bryson was the angriest out of everyone, but when he changed my mind and told me to go, I'm gonna be honest, I was shocked. I will never forget the look in Bryson's eyes.

He really wanted me to go; he said that if it made me happy, it would make him even happier. I wanted him so badly to fight for me to stay. I just wanted to stay for him, to attend a university in America. Instead, he told me to go and to never forget about him. That's not the response I wanted to hear. Maybe that's what he thought I wanted him to say. Or maybe he truly doesn't care if I go. He knows that I will eventually come back whenever I am ready.

"Hey, Madina." Aadila nudged my shoulder. "You listening?" she asked.

"Huh?" I mumbled, clearing my cloudy thoughts.

"I'll take that as a no," Aadila said, shaking her head.

"Pay attention, baby girl, the principal is talking about career choices." Dylan whispered, seated on the other side of me.

"Don't you think it's a little too late for that? It's almost the end of the school year," I said, annoyed.

"It's never too late, Madina. I mean, look at these students. Some are anxious about the future, some are excited to leave their parents home, and others simply don't give a shit." Dylan expressed, scanning his eyes around the classroom.

"I think that's a very broad statement," I mumbled, already feeling my mood drowning today.

No one was to blame but myself. I was dragging myself down. Everything recently was looking good, but here I am ruining it. I don't know why I do this to myself. Sometimes I feel like it's too good to be true. If I live in the moment and accept life how it is, it might eventually all crash down in my face. I think I just want to expect disappointment before it comes. This way it won't affect me when it does show up my front door.

"What do you mean by broad statement?" Dylan asked, putting quotations around the words that left my mouth early.

"You can't tell what everyone feels through facial expressions," I said, resting my chin on my arms, exhausted.

"Pfft, actually, you can tell basic emotions off of facial expressions. Psychology 1P90, it's facts." Dylan chuckled slightly as Aadila rolled her eyes.

"Okay, genius." Aadila added.

"Yeah, whatever," I mumbled while listening to the principal yap on.