👑Chapter 73👑 Take Me Back

I'm back b*tches! Dont make me regret it ight? Love you😘 Please dont forget to vote. Yeah you! The one who's reading 😏♡

👑👑👑

I sat on my prayer mat with my eyes closed. The sun was coming up in the view of my window and I just sat there, absorbing all the air around me.

I opened my eyes and stared at the sky till the sun came up fully. My blanket was wrapped around my shoulders, warming me up from the cold breeze.

I closed my eyes for a second, leaning up against my window.

I wish everything could have went to the way I imagined it to be.

Sometimes, I feel like major life changes happen because us humans hate change. But once change happens, we eventually learn to adapt to our surroundings.  

Just like how a wild animal gets located into a new environment they're not use to. They eventually learn to adapt… or die. That's what life's all about. You're either gonna let it kill you, or make you stronger.

Maybe if I stay away from Bryson, I'll get use to that change, and it won't kill me. It'll make me stronger.

“Madina? Dokhtarem (my daughter),” my mother's soothing voice danced in my ears.

“Hmm?” I managed to say with my eyes still closed.

“It's time for school, jaanem (my love),” she whispered as her fingers lingered in my hair.

My eyes shot open as I turned my head towards it.

“What? But I just closed my eyes at sunrise,” I said, searching for my alarm clock.

She sighed. “Were you up all night?” She asked.

“I woke up 4 times in the middle of the night,” I admitted, getting up.

“Would you like to stay home? I won't tell your father if you decide to stay h-”

“No, momma. I'm going to school. Senior year, remember?” I asked, finding comfortable clothes I could wear.

It consisted of skinny jeans and a large hoodie with my favorite hijab… the black one, of course.

“Are you sure, Dina?” Momma asked.

I turned and nodded with a smile.

“You should get going, you don't want to be late,” I told her.

“The hospital can wait. I’m worried about you,” she said, walking towards me with worried eyes.

“I'm fine, momma.” I said, before kissing her cheek.

She nodded with those worried eyes she always had, and then left.

I knew she wouldn't leave until she saw me leave. After all, she is my mother. I feel bad that I'm making her go through this.

I grabbed my bag and didn't bother looking into the mirror any further. Every moment I spend in front of the mirror just made me hate my appearance the slightest bit more.

I secured the pin in my hijab and ran down the stairs.

“Momma, have you seen my car keys?” I asked.

I stopped near the kitchen to find my dad drinking a cup of coffee as Masoud was shoving butter cookies into his mouth.

I stood there frozen. I wanted the ground to just swallow me up. Turning around was also another great option but my stupid feet kept still.