👑Chapter 38👑 Our Star

“So?” Aadila asked.

“So what?” I asked writing down the chemical formula.

“What did she say on the phone?” Aadila asked.

She was talking about Surya. You guessed right. Today was my official meeting with her. Where she asked a bunch of questions about my life.

“She told me she’d meet today at my home, around 4” I said.

“That's so fast! You only have 2 hours after school to get ready” Aadila said shaking the chemical liquid in her hand.

“Can you stop shaking the test tube? Your gonna create a chemical reaction” I said holding her hand still.

“Sorry” she said putting it in the test tube rack.

“I don't need to get ready. Jeans and a hoodie would do fine” I said.

“Are you seriously kidding me right now? Jeans and a hoodie?! Say wallah (I swear) I'm being serious right now” she said over dramatically.

“Girls keep it down, people are trying to focus in here” Mr Collins said.

“Sorry” we both mumbled.

“I'm being serious, I don't need to dress up for an interview” I said.

“Yeah you do!” she whisper yelled. “You're suppose to look professional and sophisticated” Aadila said rolling her sleeves up.

“I'm 17 years old. That's as sophisticated as it gets” I rolled my eyes.

She groaned “Your being a big pain in the butt right now”

I couldn't help but laugh.

“Yet, your still my best friend” I said.

“Yeah” she smiled.

“But I'm being serious Madina. Please let me come over and get you ready. I'll do your make up, your wardrobe, your-"

“If I let you come over will you stop talking about this?” I asked.

“Yes!” she squealed.

“Shh" the class hushed her.

She looked around with an apologetic look.

“Yes, I won't talk. Just let me help you get ready please” she begged.

I sighed “Fine, yes, you can come over”

“Yay!” she squealed silently clapping her hands.

“Now can you please help me with this chemical bond before I end up blowing this whole assignment” I said holding purple liquid in my hand.

“Yes, of course” she smiled sheepishly.

We ended up getting an A- on our assignment of chemical reactions, and bonds. The minus was added from Mr Collins. Something about us talking too loud. That was all Aadila, not me.

The girl is like a chemical reaction herself.

The bell rang finally dismissing us for the end of the day.

“I'm exhausted” I said.

“Me too” Aadila said.

“Me three” Dylan said.

“I'm gonna go home and sleep” I yawned.

“What! No we have to get you ready” Aadila said smacking my cheeks trying to keep me awake.