👑Chapter 64👑 Confidential

👑👑👑

“Can you hurry up! the man said 4 o'clock sharp” I said standing at Brysons hospital room.

“Well looks like we'll be there at 4:30 sharp then” he said putting his socks on.

I groaned “This is not gonna look good”

“Chill beads. Let's not forget my legs don't work okay? I'm trying my hardest to hurry up” he said.

I turned to face him and frowned “You're right, I'm sorry. Here let me help”  I said walking towards him.

He wore a collared shirt that wasn't buttoned up all the way. Bryson struggled to put his belt on his dark jeans.

“Let me help” I said when I saw the buttons on his shirt that were not matched properly.

He sighed and moved his hand away. I buttoned half of them properly. My hands went to his collar as I straightened it.

“Thank you” he mumbled.

I nodded with a smile.

“Let gets you on the wheelchair”

After that I wheeled Bryson out of his room and to the elevator.

“Bryson!” I heard his mother call.

I stopped and turned his wheel chair around.

“Hey mum”

“Are you going to meet up with the lawyer?” She asked.

He nodded “We have to go we're gonna be late” he told her.

“Okay sweetheart. Good luck” she kissed his forehead.

“Bye Mrs Scott” I smiled.

She waved “Take care of him young lady. Don't forget his meds!” She yelled as we were walking.

“I will, and don't worry I got em” I said giving her a soft smile.

She nodded pursing her lips.

God… I couldn't imagine the pain she felt in her heart watching her son in a wheelchair.

“I'm sorry about that” Bryson said when we got into the elevator.

“There's no need to be sorry Brys”

“My mom… She's just-"

“Being a great mother. Don't worry Brys, I understand why she's like that” I said watching the elevator numbers decrease a number.

I felt a warm hand grab mine slowly intertwining our fingers together.

I still get butterflies every time he does that.

As soon as we got to the lobby I basically ran with the wheelchair to my car.  

Starting the car I headed downtown towards Nevada's police station.

“Are you ready?” I asked Bryson as I was parking.

“Yeah I'm fine, are you ready?” he asked looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

“Pfft yeah, I've been here before” I said.

“Why do you look so nervous?” he asked with amusement laced in his voice.

“I'm not nervous Scott” I said flatly.

“Really? Cause when you get nervous you start to sweat a little on your forehead, and your legs are always bouncing up and down” he said looking at my legs.