👑Chapter 51👑 Shadow

👑Awesome cover made by hejgrethan! Love it🔥 Shout out to you girl:)👑

Chapter dedication goes to!               🌟Kanzah_Khan🌟

👑👑👑

“Come on pass the ball!” I yelled at Jennifer.

She passed the ball to me. I dribbled up to the net watching Avery slide in front of me.

She put her hand in front of the ball. I took the opportunity to go left which was her weak side.

I dribbled faster feeling the beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

I took three steps, and threw the ball up towards the net.

The ball bounced off of  the back bored, and it didn't go in.

I stood there watching the ball bounce away from the net.

Coach blew his whistle “Take a water break girls!” he yelled.

I grabbed the ball from the floor, and threw it against the wall. “Shit” I cursed feeling my muscles aching.

“Omar” I heard coaches voice from behind me.

“Sorry coach, I won't happen again” I said feeling ashamed of myself.

“Omar that's not even what I'm worried about” coach said crossing his arms.

“What's it about?” I asked squirting water in my mouth.

“Are you okay kid? You seem off lately” he asked.

“I'm fine coach” I said.

“Omar, I'm not only your coach. This team is a family. Family cares about each other. I'm gonna ask you one more time. What's going with on you?” he asked.

I sighed leaning on the wall. “I don't feel it in me anymore” I said.

“Feel what kid?” he asked.

“The passion of basketball. I don't feel the tingles in my fingertips anymore. I don't know what's going on me with me. I mean don't get me wrong, I love basketball. But all I see is doubt when I look into the mirror” I said.

Coach looked at me carefully observing me. “You remind me so much of myself Omar” coach chuckled.

“Yea?”  I asked with smirk.

He nodded fixing his cap. “There's gonna be days Omar when you're gonna want to give up on basketball. But, just remember you can take the player out of the game. But, you can't take the game out of the player” he said.

“I don't understand” I said confused.

“Basketball will always be In the back of your mind. No matter how hard you'll try to forget about it, it won't work. Why? Because you've been playing all your life. You've worked hard through all the doubt people seen in you Omar” coach said  

I felt my mouth dry up. I looked down staring at my sneakers.

“You can't let people's words hang onto you like a leech. I know you Omar. These past months I have watched you play basketball. You live for the game, and it loves you. I'm telling you that you're gonna be great. Don't take the confidence out of yourself” coach said.