👑Chapter 71👑 Envelope

🌟Chapter dedication goes to shabnam654!🌟

👑👑👑

“State your name and occupation, ma'am.”

“Madina Omar, I'm a senior in high school,” I said looking right at the judge.

She nodded.

My eyes fluttered towards Bryson. His face looks fierce and almost sculpted into looking tougher than he already was. But his eyes… those were the two marbles that spoke volumes to me.

I saw so much.

I looked away. God knew his eyes distracted me from reality, and right now that wasn't needed.

I almost heard my dad's voice in my ear screaming.

You lied to me Madina!”

I squeezed my eyes shut.

“I can't allow you to be around someone so dangerous. He's hurting you as a person and I won't allow that!” he yelled.

“You're gonna disobey me, for some English boy?”

“Miss Omar?” I heard my name being called.

I opened my eyes and looked in front of the stand. Nathan's lawyer stared at me with a stern look.

“Yes? I'm sorry I didn't hear your question…” I said in a small voice.

“If you aren't up to being Brysons witness you can leave the stand” he pushed.

I narrowed my eyes at him “I will remain as a witness. Thank you for your concern” I said gaining my confidence back.

“Let's start” he stated.

“How do you know Mr Scott?” he asked.

“Bryson is my neighbor and a fellow classmate at school” I answered.

“Would you say you two are close?” he asked.

I paused “He's an amazing person to be around. Yes, I would say we're close friends” I said looking him straight in the eyes.

“Just friends?”

“Just friends” I smiled sweetly.

What was this, A soap opera? Did we want to unfold the relationship between Bryson and I? Or focus on the trial? I swear this man is delusional.

“Is it true that Nathan had a conversation with you before the warehouse incident?” he asked.

“Oh you mean the conversation outside of my work as I was throwing the garbage out? You mean the conversation that ended up with him kidnapping me?! Yes we had a brief conversation” I said crossing my arms.

The lawyer looked stunned as he licked his lips and looked away.

“Why would Nathaniel want to kidnap you? He didn't know you associated with Bryson Scott” the lawyer stated.

My lips lifted into a smile. I felt wicked at this moment. Some part of me didn't care that I was in a courtroom.

“Nathan was following me around for more than week. While he was following me around he was following Bryson too. That's how he found out about me. Bryson and I were always together. It shouldn't be surprising that he saw me with him and thought of me as an easy target”

My eyes looked over at Nathan who was seated with aggression on his face. I smiled at him and looked back at his lawyer.

“Why did you visit him in jail? Did you want to take Bryson down with Nathan?” his lawyer asked.