thirty-three

I STARED at my wrist where a few purple marks of scratches from that woman's nails were printed. My body was still shaking, trembling like some weak leaf in some viscous storm. Her ill eyes weren't forsaking my mind, her sinister unhealthy smile was lingering in my memory shivering every second whenever I was thinking about her.

My mind was already messed up with so many encounters, Nova's death was still hunting me and now another brand new has added recently. My whole life now seems like some riddle where I am stuck alone looking for a way to escape so badly. But guess what, every time I think of finding out the light in darkness I end up getting the same darkness and gloominess.

This time I wasn't thinking about anything else only about this Styles Mansion and it's people. The desperate heart was now only beating to know if really something was wrong with this family.

If they have been cursed by a Nun?

I don't know where to go and who to ask about them.I know the only answer I will get is The Styles Mansion is cursed as also its people. I hate myself not being a brave one, I always think of asking Henson about this whole 'being cursed' thing but my confidence dies whenever I see his love, passion, respect and that adoring brotherly face for me.

It was way too hard to doubt Henson or Neona when they looked at me like that. This family hasn't given me a second chance to complain about their adoration for me. They have accepted me barring any doubt at me. They chose me as the best choice for their brother, they believe I am the one who can save their brother from his illness, no one else. Then how could I doubt them for something which might be a lie.

If I doubt them and question them then that would be a scurvy action of mine.

Straightly I couldn't think anything, thousands of questions were colliding inside my head making me restless. I wish I could know what that woman had against Styles Mansion and why on earth she was trying to get me out of this property.

Henson left me alone with just a few comforting words.

"Have your time Venessa, don't be afraid as long as I am alive I won't let anything happen to you. I promise."

Since that moment I have been sitting on my bed with my worn out appearance while pondering and driving myself crazy about that incident. I slowly stood up from the bed and started to walk towards the bathroom.

I need a shower.

Before standing under the cold shower I peeled out the black dress from my body thinking now how much I am going to hate black. I always had a thing for black and who doesn't like black but now it seems like black wasn't something I wanted to use as my clothing in my future.

The whole bathroom filled with the faint scent of my strawberry-lime body wash was also soothing my nervy mood a bit. I scrub my body again and again though a few hours ago before attending Nova's funeral I have showered. My moments came in a halt when I heard something hitting the ground loudly sound, it's some glass made object has been smashed.After that another clop echoed making me frown and confused.

What the hell was going on?

I escalated the pressure of water and washed off all the soap from my body when I heard the sound source of things being breaking wasn't stopping. I grabbed my towel drying my body as much as I could. I dried enough my hair and stepped out from the bathroom with my quicksilver heartbeat against my chest.