sixty-seven

WITH HESITATION I stood in front of the wooden door, bandying whether I should knock or just walk away from here and take a room in some hotel. But it was too late because my subconscious got the best of me and made me press the doorbell twice. I gulped down hard through my glacial throat, creating a precarious approximation if she is going to be happy or not. But I didn't have many choices right at this moment. She is the only option I could choose.

I pressed the doorbell again when nothing came out for my actions but then I heard footsteps hitting the apartment floor with a sweet tone of someone saying.

"Coming."

The door swung opened, the moment her eyes landed on my appearance, it hadn't taken her two seconds to understand what precisely happened or was going to happen.

I stood there with a tight smile and then greeted her.

"Morning."

I made myself comfortable in her small apartment's living room couch and scrutinized the whole place roaming my curious eyes. The apartment was spacey. It was decorated in a gentle way. It gives you the vibes of happiness and comfortably. Her apartment seems like one of those apartments which we see in movies. The heroine has a small apartment where she lives with her pet.

Does she have a pet by the way?

"So you ran away?" She asked to walk out from her kitchen with two mugs of coffee in her hands. She sounds precarious with her own words. She set one mug in front of me while sitting across from me.

"I left." I answered briefly by taking the steaming mug in my hands. I took a sip as the test of the liquid ran down to my throat somehow giving a simple touch of energy in my body.

"I thought everything was fine. You seemed happy every single day." She pointed out frowning deeply.

"Everything is alright but again everything is messed up." A sigh of grief left from my lungs, abruptly burning my chest with pain.

"What exactly happened?" She spoke softly. Worried was latched onto her words.

"I don't want to talk about it." I whispered while sniffing. It was hard to hold back my tears when an immense amount of pain and wound were provoking my sentiments. And even if I want to construe my current condition, that would be complicated for me. What am I going to tell her? That my husband says he can't live without me but he doesn't love me?

Does it make sense?

Only to Harry though.

"Babe who are you talking with?" A raspy deep voice echoed out blue following heavy footsteps making our head turn towards the way. A shirtless Seth appeared with his grandiose thewy body, rubbing his eyes furiously with a small pout formed on his lips.

I immediately looked away from Seth as warmth spread through my cheeks.

"O god put on a shirt." Emmy hollowed annoyingly at her beloved boyfriend who seems to have no clue about what precisely was going on now.

"Is that Venessa?" Thick morning tone of Seth's stated as I cast my eyes at him.

"Hi." I whispered with a tight but emotionless smile at him.

He stared at me blinking rapidly. It was certain, he never expected me that way in his girlfriend's apartment. He racked me with icy blue eyes, scrutinizing my appearance's details and at last eventually his eyes landed on my bag.

His eyes snapped at mine, a hint of surprise washed over his face but he quickly brushed off it playing cool.

"Hey, how are you?" He elated and smiled widely.