forty-three

I STARED at the reflection of mine in the mirror running spail over my pale skin,dead eyes and purple raucous lips. I was looking like a ghost who just rolled down from a horror film. If really I was a ghost from a film then people might have named that 'The Dead Wife of The Styles Mansion'.

Ironic right?

My entire body was soaked as the maroon colored dress was clutching against my body as inside it I was spontaneously shuddering like a weak leaf in some savage storm. Though it wasn't something that could bother me right now cause all I was pondering about Harry and his recent conducts.

The way he treated me at first and the way he appeared the next he saw me with his brother. I was in deep curiosity about what made him watch me and Henson while standing above us in the wild ombro fearlessly with that incontrovertible emotion on his face. What made him stare down at us that way with his clenched jaw and dagger shooting eyes.

Was he really jealous or he was just judging me that what a two timing wife he got on his unknown.

I certainly can count on the second option where he could ascertain me without a second thought. But still I cannot forget the aroma of Harry getting angry over the fact that someone else has touched me. I know that look which he was giving us this night.

Once upon a time Harry had showed me that look and claimed me his endlessly and undeniably. His words are still curved in my brain cells. Those words are echoing in my mind and I still remember his love for me.

All I could think about is Him.

Harry.

The purr sound of my dress zip being released by a maid behind me broke up my unstoppable thoughts. Henson wasn't convinced of me being alone behind the closed door. So, he persuaded Shelley to take care of me. But all I want is to be alone.

"Shelley please leave me alone." I murmured blinking at my reflection in a weary manner.

She abruptly stopped what she was as her emotionless face looked at mine as she kept silence for a few moments before speaking.

"Young master won't be pleased Mrs. Styles." She simply replied again proceeding to her previous work.

A dry laugh slipped accidentally through my mouth making Shelley stop again as she frowned at me with her perplexed face. She called me Mrs. Styles and it seems like everyone around me unintentionally makes fun of me. I kept laughing shaking my head at her remark not caring if she thinks I am a crazy woman.

"You still believe I am your Mrs. Styles?" I asked her through my laugh.

She kept quiet with her straight face.

"I still believe you are our Mrs. Styles." She replied with such confidence in her tone making me jealous of her.

Even a simple maid of Styles Mansion holds such a power in her voice and words and here I am. Can't even match my eyes with my husband.

But her words somehow made me stop from laughing like a freak as an unwanted tear drop rolled down to my cheeks weakening me before Shelley. I closed my eyes tightly sobbing and shedding tears while trying to get rid of my pain.

They say when you can't say anything then cry and light your chest.

A few tender pats were patted by Shelley on my back as I kept crying like that.

By the time I found myself fully cleaned and sitting on my warm bed staring at space.

"Mrs. Styles I'll be back with your food." Shelley excused herself not even feeling to ask me if I really have an appetite or not. But I think somehow she knew I would refuse to eat anything. I tamped staring at nothing particularly, suddenly realizing again I am going to sleep alone tonight but this time would be different.