sixty-three

MY HUSBAND is a psychopath.

I know it sounds ridiculous and it can prescribe me as a crazy wife. But that precisely my inner strings keep screaming at my face. I almost forgot how to breathe when Harry pulled that so-called funny stun on me, just to convince me to go on a date with him.

Me and my god knows that what I felt when I watched Harry increasing the speed, overtaking cars and hitting brakes like some lunatics not caring if his scared wife was sitting beside him losing her shits.

The next time I said I hated him, he didn't mind that, instead of that he was grinning ear to ear. He wasn't taking the situation seriously and that kinda pissed me off. He could have said sorry but he was just being himself. His bipolar character was getting on my nerves day by day.

I got down from the car with my tears, the hot air inside the car was suffocating me as his presence. I couldn't even breathe properly. It's like I was gonna have a panic attack any time soon. I slammed the door harshly and walked away further from the car as the tears of frustration were fluxing down to my cheeks.

The moment I got out of the car I realized that we were far from the city. All were surrounded with green lands with some trees at the sides of the road.

I was hurt, I was emotionally bruised but Harry wasn't showing an ounce of regret at his actions. It was my fault when I thought he might have changed or he was trying to be a better husband to me after making me go through all those shits. But every time a flicker of hope blooms in my heart, every time Harry makes sure to crush it.

I kept crying like a child and tried to calm down but it wasn't helping. My overwhelming sentiment was having the best of me. I heard the door of the car being shut off as his footsteps were approaching near me.

All I want is now to run away from him.

"Venessa." Harry called me with a deep note, the teasing was missing and it seems like his common sense has come back.

I sniffed and closed my eyes tightly, my heart wasn't letting me look at him. I can't tolerate his presence right now.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have acted that way." He said in an apologizing tone which wasn't enough to melt my heart.

I was angry, mostly at myself. My head was dizzy and my eyes were burning like hell. My stomach was rolling up and down, creating nauseam. I fisted my both hands and then looked at him with my dagger shooting stare. His impression hasn't changed, he just kept his apologizing face, moving his eyes over my face with cunning motion.

"So, you think you can act like a lunatic then say sorry and everything will be fixed?" I said through my teeth. My voice was full of poison.

He said nothing.

"I am sorry." He whispered lazily blinking while raising the level of my anger.

"Fuck you." I spat at him and stomped towards the car.

I should have slapped him across to his face and tell him what a psychopath he is but I lost my voice as always. I sat in the car staring forward through the windshield while fuming in anger. A few moments later Harry joined me inside silently. He sat there in thick silence saying nothing.

The entire ride went through dead silence. Harry hasn't put any money into talking to me and I was glad. When we reached the mansion, I hadn't wasted a second to get out of the car and ran inside the mansion. My heart was still beating at its best pace, trembling my body in an abnormal way. I thought we were going to be in an accident and that feared me the most.

When he was driving the car on high speed, all I could think about was his accidents. His previous accident landed his father in a coma, he lost his mother and he lost his memory and the recent incidence made him forget me.