seventy-eight

HEAVEN.

LIGHT.

That's what I felt when I heard his voice. All pain has washed away. The heavyweight lifted up from my chest, raising my skin in joy. The flicker of hope that I thought quenched in my heart abruptly turned into flame, warming me and shrouding me like some invisible shawl. The breath that was messed up, the heart that was disappointed, the hope that was despaired and the life that I gave up on abruptly, they evolved again in me.

It's like I was born again.

Tears fluxed through my eyes as I smiled closing them. It's test sweet now not bitter. If now the angel of death comes and declares my death then I won't have any regrets because at least the person that I was yearning for showed up when I needed him the most.

By his words, I could say he wasn't here to play with his brother.

His voice was declaring war against his own brother.

"Henson, don't waste time. He is here." Clara's panicked voice said. I don't know how to recount her tone. Her voice is saying she is afraid and the words that slipped from her tongue didn't have the power as before.

She broke just being in front of Harry's presence.

The rough and heavy footsteps on the ground are getting closer and closer. I did nothing. I didn't even move or flinch when Clara was screaming for my death to Henson.

"Shut the fuck up." Harry's voice roared but before I could feel his presence near me I was harshly moved away from my knees and stood on my feet. His blade is still attached to my neck. It's breathing cold breath like ice, waiting to get run through my flesh, bleeding me to my death.

Even this object seems a living savage now.

"Harry, please don't interrupt. I need to do this. It's the only way to save us." Henson cried out with agony in his voice while dragging my body with his backwards.

I finally let my eyes open as my eyes met with a pair of green ones. The golden flame of fire dances inside his eyes while illuminating his creamy skin making him look like a legendary character from some movies. They were glossy as diamonds but the pain blazing as fire.

"Don't worry, I won't let anything happen to you or our baby. I promise." Harry tried to give me hope with his promising words, making me smile faintly.

How does he think that I am extricable, when the knife is sliding through my flesh already? But I still believe he might save me and our baby as he promised.

His broad chest is rising and falling erratically. His skin is pale as ice as his eyes are red due to his anger. He is desperate in his position. I could see that and I could feel it.

"Young master, please stop this. We can talk through this. Release Mrs. Styles. She is carrying the heir of your family." To my surprise, I didn't expect to hear this voice. But here Liam is interceding to spare me.

"What?" Henson whispered in disbelief.

Knew it. He just found out I am pregnant.

"She is carrying my child Henson. If something happened to her or my baby, I  won't be able to live. I won't be able to forgive you for the rest of my life. Please leave it. We will forget this happened. Just stop this madness." I don't know right now I should be perplexed or sad because abruptly Harry's voice changed. The fire of hate in his eyes washed away replacing with tender dispositions and worry for his brother.

"Even if I let her go, you won't be happy together. You never loved her. All you have is obsession. And the baby, you want this for nothing just to fill your presence for the patrimony of your property. Venessa doesn't mean anything to you. All you want is her body not her soul. You want to dominate her and claim her as yours forever. It's nothing more than this." Henson whined. The words that slipped through his tongue manifested different emotions at different times.