eighty-three

"STOP NEONA." Harry was out of his control. He was shaking in noticeable anger. Restless was swirling in his eyes, darkening his appearance.

"It's too late, Harry. This time Henson fucked up for real time. I am not letting anyone hurt our family." Neona said in an unwavering tone. Her eyes were screaming frustration and it looks like she was lost too, just pretending to be powerful.

At the end of the day we are all human.

Shelley and Neona were staring at each other intensely creating a domain of theirs while capturing everyone inside it.

"You are a fool Shelley. Your dead shit husband was a rapist. I hope you will stop now." Neona might be speaking bitter words but she might be also trying to convince Shelley to stop all of this drama and mess that she created.

I still cannot sink the thoughts inside me of how Neona built herself. Having painful and unforgettable memories from the past, she turned her heart into a cold stone.

Untouchable, pertinacious and dauntless that's how I can picture her now.

Everything went silent. Shelley stared at Neona with her dead child in her arms and Neona was pointing the gun at Shelley, looking all ready to put a hole on Shelley's forehead the way she did to Avian.

A cumbersome cry surged, slicing everything darkly in the air. Shelley couldn't stop herself. She was broken by Neona and the harsh truth from which she was unknown. She cognized what she had done. All these years, Shelley fought for nothing but lies. She planned the mastermind plan to turn Styles to ashes but her own fire burnt her when she couldn't even realise it.

"You have to stop Shelley. The game is over. Now you know there is no need to go further because the man you are fighting for....." Neona's voice clogged as her eyes went glossy slowly. Neona's voice was smooth but cold and hard as iron.

The painful lachrymation of Shelley's increased as if she couldn't hold it anymore. As if she was unleashing her all caulked emotions and why she wouldn't. I don't know if she was feeling guilty or not but it was clear Shelley was empty and alone.

She lost everything.

"Neona, put the gun down Baby girl. I will take care of everything from here." An anonymous voice spoke behind Neona, catching all the attention.

I couldn't see him. My eyes were blurry and I was away from the scene. But in the lucent of faint light was helping to shape his body.

"Harry?" I whispered and tried to touch the love of my life again.

"I am here. We will be fine. Look, we are safe now." Milk and Honey dripped from his mouth making me sentimental right away. I smiled at him and touched his face.

If I die right now, I won't have any regrets because I would be dying in his arms. Finally we were getting out of this. For this entire time whatever happened, abruptly it felt like a nightmare. A terrible nightmare that leaves a profound blatant scar in your soul. But it wasn't a nightmare. It's a harsh reality.

"Clean everything up, don't leave any trace behind." The man from before ordered as I heard several footsteps booming on the ground.

But before any of us could react to anything a gun shot dehisced in the air, capturing my soul with darkness. No one reacted but me. My own scream could turn me deaf. I sobbed out when I saw Shelley was getting embraced with her own blood on the ground. Harry embraced me closer hiding my face in his arms.

Why the hell everything has to be that way?

The horror ran through my vein cleaving my soul into millions of pieces. For this entire time I didn't lose myself that way, the way now I was losing myself. A weird sensation of warmness suddenly ran on my skin wetting my lower side from between my legs making me stop sobbing.