fourty

FOR A moment it felt like a grubby joke of Neona but again it wasn't. Dumfounded I stared at her losing my words completely.It was odd in some ways cause Neona was looking normal. Her green-blue eyes weren't showing concern anymore. It was replaced by a foreign spark which was quite incomprehensible.

I stood on my ground with my hasty heart not knowing what to do. Now it was getting limpid that is why on earth she chose one of my expensive dresses for me to wear right at this moment. It was for Harry. My throat went dry the moment I recalled that I was gonna be in front of Harry. The Harry I never knew.

The Harry who wasn't mine.

My breath was getting deeper and deeper the more the time was passing by. Who knows what happened out there in my agitation. What Henson and Neona fed Harry about me? What made him inquisitive about me?

Why he wants to meet me?

"What?"

"He wants to see you. I don't know but he is showing a bit of impatience." Neona narrated suddenly being perplexed as she stared at the clock as if she was getting out of time. The time that Harry fixed for her. Her every single word is making me quiver on my spot though she couldn't see that.

Here I was lost again. Lost in the deep mess that was only getting usher in by this Styles's offspring. I don't know what I have become proficient in in this Styles family but one thing is crystal clear is these siblings are unpredictable. No one can smell what would be their next step not even a fucking thousand years old nine-tailed fox from some k-drama.

"Hurry up Sis. By now he might be declaring a war." Neona jumped on her seat and hastily walked towards me before I could perceive further. She sat me down before the long mirror and started to dry my hair. Like doll I sat there counting on time and pondering what next was waiting for me. She applied minimum make-up on my face and shimmered my cracked lips with red gloss. The way she was preparing me with such a glee on her face for a moment I thought I was getting ready for an auction.

And Harry is gonna buy me.

"Done." Neona exclaimed dragging a faint smile on her lips as I stared at face through the mirror.

"He doesn't remember me." I blurt out staring at my reflection while thinking that  was useless. He won't love the way he used to. He doesn't even remember who the fuck I am let alone he would love me.

Immediately Neona's face turned grim as she blinked rapidly looking away from my eyes. She knew something I didn't think I wasn't really caring about. But something is going to happen.

"Let's go." Neona urged me to get up and commence to pretend as if nothing happened.

I didn't shoved my feedback at her as I fostered her following her request.

There we go.

The game has started.

Both of us walked silently not uttering a word. When we reached the top of the staircase the first thing I think I saw was the new face of The Styles Mansion. Everything was decorated as if we were expecting a special guest. Who am I kidding. The heir of Styles' clan just got discharged from hospital, woke up from coma and also overcame from a long lengthy situation which seemed like a curse to them all. Than why they won't embellish and celebrate the good news?

Indeed it was good news. Only me and my god knows how happy I was when I saw Harry sitting woken up on the bed of the hospital. But my happiness turned into my biggest nightmare when he didn't recognize me.

I glanced at Neona silently seeking for some explanation but all she did was smile and softly pushed my back encouraging me to take my next step.

It was frustrating as fuck.